GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/23/2024 | Look at the games I gave you, someone LTIR me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
with as much pressure as the Oilers had on the Wild you can see why they do it. i agree it was too early but they dominated.

From the view of this casual observer, it looked like the Wild were turtling and the McDrai line is as good as any in busting a turtle. IMHO, the best way to beat the McDrai line is to keep being aggressive since they aren't so hot defensively and make them work on their own end of the ice.

Reactions: rynryn

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fantastic night for hockey.

Oilers lose.

I can go to sleep happy.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Hey. Look. The Sabres won 2 in a row on the road. Time to go home and lose to Carolina now 🙄

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

I think the Wild are a balanced team, and probably one of the best things for them is to stick to a conservative game, which they did tonight.
Gustavsson looked good and kept his head during that onslaught by the Oilers in the 3rd. I didn't think the Oilers playmaking was very good (looked liked desperate pond-hockey to me) but credit to the Wild for being good defensively too.
To me, they have a mentality that lends itself to playoff hockey.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
He’s average when mcdavid isn’t stuck to his side. Can’t drive play on his own line
Not when you’re stuck with the Connor Browns, Ryan McLeods and Warren Foegele of this world. No superstar in this league would produce with that fodder

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
His brain has got in reverse this year. Takes forever to make a play. No gusto in his strides. Great at stealing pucks but man he’s fallen off a cliff.
It’s obviously a down year for him. I’m sure the vultures here are enjoying that to the fullest

Leon Draisaitl has to be the laziest player in the NHL. Unbelievable
This has to be the laziest post I’ve ever read

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG and Coffey

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Ya but that guy doesn’t know anything about hockey. Only how to be condescending against the Oilers.
It’s interesting that he’s in the GDT of every Oilers game but rarely comments on other teams. I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with one team.

Reactions: PuckG

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Overall a fairly predictable night for hockey, all 3 teams you expected to win ending up winning.

Now we can go back to waiting on the Golden Circumventions to make a move 👀 . Surely they won’t lose to Ottawa tomorrow

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Oh yes they can, and don't call me Shirley.
7aedd3950555bc1aa7eec711b8259bb3.gif

• Haha
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Overall a fairly predictable night for hockey, all 3 teams you expected to win ending up winning.

Now we can go back to waiting on the Golden Circumventions to make a move 👀 . Surely they won’t lose to Ottawa tomorrow
That's an L for me I expected Mcdavid to go off regardless of resulr because he usually does, and he didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad