GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/23/2024 | Look at the games I gave you, someone LTIR me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Coming off that one i don't know what Hynes approach should be. We can't play like that and expect to win most nights but we won soooo...

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
We just love ruining our draft position. Stuck in mediocrity thanks to so many nights like this where you have no business winning but get the breaks.

Don't know why the oilers can accept goaltending like this year in and year out. Pickard cost them the game.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Coming off that one i don't know what Hynes approach should be. We can't play like that and expect to win most nights but we won soooo...
It’s against the Oilers. Don’t put too much stock into it. Been that way since the Koivu, Backstrom and Brunette days lol

Reactions: rynryn

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Can't wait until we get our next wave of good russians. Khusnutdinov and Yurov on cheap contracts is going to be wonderful.

Reactions: Sunan and Devonator

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
How did Vancouver lose 10-7 to this team lolll

Minny was nothing tonight

Got goalied and pickard licked balls
43 muffins on goal doesn't equal goalied. Minny was the better team, Oilers fail to make up ground on the top gun Canucks.

You're going to have a tough road in the first round with that goalie tandem. If I'm Kenny I trade 4 1sts and Campbell for Saros, because time is running out on Mcdrai.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Ya but that guy doesn’t know anything about hockey. Only how to be condescending against the Oilers.
True, but you’d think those posters would make dumb observations when they at least make sense, right?

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
McDrai can usually be a goal for, but McDrai is also one of the worst defensive duos to pair together

That and when McDrai get put together they start playing a lot of minutes (since they are effectively then the only real line) and often they totally run out of gas before the final horn. One can understand the reasoning behind it, but the Oilers panic and put together McDrai far too early and far too often, such as tonight when they started playing together early in the second and down only 1 point at that time. The other thing that starts happening, of course, is that the other lines are just in there to give the McDrai line a breather and so end up not really even trying to do much except survive their shift.

Reactions: Three On Zero

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
That and when McDrai get put together they start playing a lot of minutes (since they are effectively then the only real line) and often they totally run out of gas before the final horn. One can understand the reasoning behind it, but the Oilers panic and put together McDrai far too early and far too often, such as tonight when they started playing together early in the second and down only 1 point at that time. The other thing that starts happening, of course, is that the other lines are just in there to give the McDrai line a breather and so end up not really even trying to do much except survive their shift.
with as much pressure as the Oilers had on the Wild you can see why they do it. i agree it was too early but they dominated.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad