GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If he goes for the chest it most likely scrapes his head or something and he get suspended etc...

Nope. Seguin was not hunched over and bent at the waist, which is what would be required to make your proposed scenario happen.

Hell, even the famous Lindros/Stevens hit (exhibit A of not keeping your head up) wasn't a direct headshot. You act like it's a foregone conclusion that he must hit his head as the principle point of contact, which makes zero sense. That's only happening if Seguin is 5' 1"

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Then what was his intent going so incredibly low? It's a bad hit, period.

To pull off a successful hip check which he likes to do. He ****ed it up and it was a bad hit. I'm not defending that. However, don't try to prove intent because that's not possible.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To be sure, intent cannot be proven. But to assume there was none is just as premature as assuming he's trying to end Seguin's ability to walk.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
His teammates reaction to it says it all:

0KkqOF3.gif

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Successful hipchecks look nothing at all like what he did. His intent should be open to question.

No way. This isn't Matt Cooke.

It's a real shame Klingberg hates Eaves and wanted to injure him. Successful slapshots look nothing at all like what he did. His intent should be open to question.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I can't really complain about the Devils effort tonight. 2 mistakes ultimately cost them. Ryder's penalty and letting Toews just walk right in to out in a gimme goal. Oh well.

2ka RasK*

It's like i'm watching a bunch of my drunk uncles playing hockey after too much vino.

Sad

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No way. This isn't Matt Cooke.

It's a real shame Klingberg hates Eaves and wanted to injure him. Successful slapshots look nothing at all like what he did. His intent should be open to question.

We have no idea if he got caught in the heat of the moment and went for him. Giroux with no history of dirty player threw a headshot on Zubrus a few years back out of frustration. Any player can get pissed at anything and lose it for a second, and that's all it takes.

So to flat out refuse to question his intentions seems premature to me. Maybe it was an accident, maybe it wasn't.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Matthias with a hatty. Kassian with another 2 points.

Well GM's had their chance.

2ka RasK*

Chia too busy planning his escape out of Boston like Benning did.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Lol at the refs. Just like Chicago game. Trying to get the other team back in the game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad