GDT: HFBoards GDT | 02/01/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

alekseyk

Apr 28, 2013
Blues are the cheapest team in the league.

It's lovely to throw out sweeping statements with absolutely no evidence or, ya know actual concrete incidents that would show the Blues as a team that commits an above average amount dangerous/"dirty" plays.

Still dumbfounded how this narrative started.

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009
Can you get video of that? I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong but I didn't see anything.

If you're right who knew we got Max Lapierre back in that trade.

He definitely got Ward behind the play and Ward stayed down but I didn't see him hit the post.

Honestly when you have a 5 minute PP and 1 shot to show for it - you can't really complain about missing calls costing you anything. Especially for a team with the mental toughness of a fig tree. I doubt a PP there makes a difference.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It's lovely to throw out sweeping statements with absolutely no evidence or, ya know actual concrete incidents that would show the Blues as a team that commits an above average amount dangerous/"dirty" plays.

Still dumbfounded how this narrative started.

I really don't get it either. You ask most Blues fans and they will say our struggles the last few years is from not being physical enough.

Lappy was never really a pest here for some reason. Otts been decent at it but nothin compared to his time in Dallas. Backes is a tough edgy guy but not exactly Carcillo. Oshie lays some hits as does Jackman. Never anything suspendable.

No one else would hurt a fly.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Domingue's mom's reactions were so great. It's nice that they could be there to see his first win.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues were on the road missing Lehtera and Berglund already and lost Shattenkirk and Backes for the majority of the game, and also had Rattie and Lindstrom in the lineup (who should be in the AHL) and still won.

But yeah blame it on the cheapness. Love it. :laugh: If that was the case you should have been able to score on the 5-minute powerplay that Backes gave you. Great win for the Blues.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
I really don't get it either. You ask most Blues fans and they will say our struggles the last few years is from not being physical enough.

Lappy was never really a pest here for some reason. Otts been decent at it but nothin compared to his time in Dallas. Backes is a tough edgy guy but not exactly Carcillo. Oshie lays some hits as does Jackman. Never anything suspendable.

No one else would hurt a fly.

I don't know about you but I sure as **** wouldn't want to be hit by Reaves. :laugh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Blues were on the road missing Lehtera and Berglund already and lost Shattenkirk and Backes for the majority of the game, and also had Rattie and Lindstrom in the lineup (who should be in the AHL) and still won.

But yeah blame it on the cheapness. Love it. :laugh: If that was the case you should have been able to score on the 5-minute powerplay that Backes gave you. Great win for the Blues.

I don't believe in excuses but do you think that maybe the Capitals playing their backup AND coming off playing yesterday IN Montreal had something to do with the outcome as well? Maybe not, but it was a pretty evenly played game.

The Blues killing that 5 minute major was the game and the team deserves all the credit for the win.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Agree that Caps missed their opportunities, but since you pointed out the difficulties the Blues were facing for this game, then you can't overlook that this was the back end of a B2B for the Caps, having played a tough one in Montreal just yesterday. And if you don't think that it was tough game the Caps and Canadiens played yesterday think again as the Habs lost their game today to the Yotes after being up 2-0 in the first five minutes of the game. Caps just looked spent in the third period.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Correct no goal call on Vancouver. Glad to see a GI call go the right way after an on-ice conference. It seems like it often doesn't.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Agree that Caps missed their opportunities, but since you pointed out the difficulties the Blues were facing for this game, then you can't overlook that this was the back end of a B2B for the Caps, having played a tough one in Montreal just yesterday. And if you don't think that it was tough game the Caps and Canadiens played yesterday think again as the Habs lost their game today to the Yotes after being up 2-0 in the first five minutes of the game. Caps just looked spent in the third period.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no excuses. Whether it's injuries or schedule. That was the Blues' third game in 65 hours. Everybody in the league has their circumstances. You perform well or you don't, you get the points or you don't. I thought both teams played pretty well and both looked low on gas in the 3rd.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Blues are the cheapest team in the league. Once again ****ing Marcel Goc cheapshots another Capitals player by cross crosschecking them right into the post and its not a penalty apparently.

kinda random player to pick on since he's been Blue for what, a week?

and Goc has never been known to be dirty so if it was a bad play its likely just one of those "crap happens" plays

(and I say this as someone who HATES the Blues and was really wanting them to lose today)

frivolousz21

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS ST LOUIS BLUES
May 17, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
Some of the homerisn.

Exp by blues fans just ruins these general discussion threads.

The worst is how our team won missing this guy and this guy and had a late flight and played yesterday.

Blah blah blah

The Buffalo Sabres have won
14 games.

Winning one game missing a 2nd and 3rd liner and a top D isn't that impressive.

Bps21*

Blah blah blah

14 games.

6 of them because the shootout doesn't reward the team that played better. SIX OF THEM.

We should start using the more impressive and ridiculous statistic: The Sabres have only won 2 games this season where they weren't outshot by DOUBLE DIGITS.

Somehow there is a team only 4 points away from them.

Market Street Heroes

Nov 2, 2008
Some of the homerisn.

Exp by blues fans just ruins these general discussion threads.

The worst is how our team won missing this guy and this guy and had a late flight and played yesterday.

Blah blah blah

14 games.

Winning one game missing a 2nd and 3rd liner and a top D isn't that impressive.

Given that you're one of the worst Blues homers on these forums, that's pretty hilarious.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Go Dubs! Sweeps western Canada. 3 GA in 3 games and one of those was off his own teammate and in when it was going completely away from the net against the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad