GDT: HFBoards GDT: 01/23/2024 | Yeah it's still me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I'm just happy that the last memory of the win streak isn't in those awful Heritage jerseys for Edmonton.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
In this incredible 14 game winning streak, the Oilers have faced 5 play-off teams, with only 2 of those teams being top 3 in their division. Easy schedule?

Why did Goudreau go to Columbus?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
In this incredible 14 game winning streak, the Oilers have faced 5 play-off teams, with only 2 of those teams being top 3 in their division. Easy schedule?

The amount of rest time they have the past few months between games has been insane compared to other teams. There schedule does not get tough until Mid February.

But still have to give them credit they are getting the job done regardless. Certainly are not sleepwalking.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

Yah it's been a fairly easy schedule. 14 games is still quite the feat, otherwise more teams would do it when their schedule is lite.

Reactions: zar

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Zellweger looks good and all, but I'm glad my GM chose Chase Stillman.

veTLcW9.jpg

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The amount of rest time they have the past few months between games has been insane compared to other teams. There schedule does not get tough until Mid February.

But still have to give them credit they are getting the job done regardless. Certainly are not sleepwalking.
Elite team is elite

Go look at the teams the Orcas played their first 15sh-20

Either shit teams or teams struggling like crazy. They took advantage

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

What about the 8 game streak before that? 22-3 their last 25 games

Reactions: Oilhawks and zar

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Obviously the next game should be a win, and Nashville is beatable. If the Oilers get by Vegas, and that will probly be a tough game, they face the awful Ducks, which would put Edmonton in the record books. There's a very doable path there.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

Such nonsense. No team wins 22 out of 25 games or 14 in row based on anything but playing great hockey.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

Flames screwed him on his 10.6 contract so he wanted to go closer to home and he ended up there

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Elite team is elite

Go look at the teams the Orcas played their first 15sh-20

Either shit teams or teams struggling like crazy. They took advantage

Did not say any different.... no need to get defensive but the orcas also are not getting 2 days off constant rest until they play in between games (Most teams are not). I dont think there playing easy teams, there games are just spread out with lots of rest in between each game. Oilers are taking care of business like I said and somehow there schedule does not get busy until Mid Feburary where they play alot more frequently finally. They took care of business just like I said and deserve credit.

Last edited:

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Why couldn’t they play with this much intensity in the first two periods?
It's the CBJ at home. Your guys, like my guys, simply can't get up for each and every period. Heck, we're lucky if the Golden Knights give us 10 good minutes in any game. So long as they win in the end, that's all that really matters. Team doesn't get any more points for winning 8-1 than they do for winning 2-1 and its a really long season where they need to keep some physical and emotional reserve for the playoffs when it will matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad