GDT: HFBoards GDT | 01/18/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

David Perron is an absolute baller. I wish the Pens would sign him to a 6 year extension right now.

2ka RasK*

Penguins are 4-5-1 in the last ten games not counting today . Looks like they are having some issues.

penguins2946*

They were fine in the past without Maatta, though they're not going to do anything with him out for the season. They'll be lucky to get out of the 1st round. They're not beating the Islanders or Rangers in a playoff series. They're just in a rough patch right now.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The difference between NY and Pittsburgh is that when NY is having a bad stretch (PIT is dominating), they're able to keep it close... usually with the help of Lundqvist. Him (and Staal) just turn it up a notch. When PIT is playing bad, NY is able to score 3 goals.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Twas a harmless observation.

We are barely passed the half way mark in the season.

Don't try to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Wasn't talking about you? I'm talking about everyone on here talking about the Pens going into playoff mode and all that. Just a tough stretch right now, it happens.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Rangers and a few other teams in the metro are simply deeper and faster then the roster Pitt puts out there, going to take them atleast another year or two to get the dead weight off their cap until they can realistically compete again.

That said, how come none of the people from the first couple pages are complaining about the officiating anymore? I know why of course, but would be funny for some of them to admit it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers and a few other teams in the metro are simply deeper and faster then the roster Pitt puts out there, going to take them atleast another year or two to get the dead weight off their cap until they can realistically compete again.

That said, how come none of the people from the first couple pages are complaining about the officiating anymore? I know why of course, but would be funny for some of them to admit it.

Depth has been Pittsburgh's problem for years now...however it's probably injuries that are currently hurting them. Trading Neal for some depth probably helps in the long run but when the roster can't stay healthy there's only so much "depth" you can have before you'er running out 3rd and 4th liners to play top six minutes. Not to mention Maata being injured

And honestly I don't even know what's a penalty in the NHL any more. They let players get away with so much **** and then just seem to arbitrarily make calls. There's a ton of stickwork that's let go these days and tons of picks and interference and it just seems like the refs wait to call the stuff until they feel like it. Holding along the boards is also really let go these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad