Line Combos: HFBoards Decides: Opening Lineup - 3rd Line Left Winger

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sorry man... I didn't mean ha in a dickish way. It was more because this is the best line up we've seen since 2008... IMO its even more well rounded than the 2009 team.

I get what you're saying but sometimes things just fit. Kunitz didn't have a great year last year but I did think he looked good with Sid in the playoffs. IMO part of his problem is age but its also that he's not allowed to be aggressive anymore. His game is about banging and crashing the end boards... not pulling back to trap or hanging up high to be an F3 at any time. I think that's when he loses something.

I know its just an informal skate but you can see that sluggishness was gone and he really did look good. Dupes was the same old Dupes. Fast as hell and the hands have to catch up to the feet but not overly bad.

Plotnikov and Scuds could hardly do the drills the skating coach gave them. The drills were really hard but they were falling down. Its not that Plots was slow, straight ahead he was pretty fast... more turning, stopping and starting and backwards skating were ugly.

No need to be sorry. Your response was a good one. Hopefully I didn't come off rude.

I hope you are right with Kunitz and if he's in the top 6, it's because he's earned it with his play. I never doubt Duper in terms of conditioning and speed so he will be fine in a 3rd line role as long as he's healthy.

That's disappointing to hear about Plots, but honestly, all they really need from him is a simple straight line game. If he can skate in straight lines, play big and physical, win board battles, get in front and snipe, I'll be happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad