HFBoards - All Cult Hero/Favorite player team

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I’m curious if there’s players this board has unanimously liked a lot - for whatever reason - in the last 10-15 years. Actively playing or not.

This could be because we all see the on field greatness and are all big fans (Benzema) or some player who was a cult hero on this board and frequently discussed but was never anything more than a Jon Obi Mikel level player.

Who would be in the HFBoards cult hero 18?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hmmm, not easy.
Not many guys have a perfectly likeable personnality/style/CV.

Thiago Motta is one of the good guys in football IMO. Marquinhos also qualifies.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Hmmm, not easy.
Not many guys have a perfectly likeable personnality/style/CV.

Thiago Motta is one of the good guys in football IMO. Marquinhos also qualifies.
The one that came to my mind when I thought of you was how frequently you would go to bat for HBA

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh HBA is definitely a cult hero. Hated by man, totally adored by others. I do like him, I won't lie. Shitty mindset at times, but a f***ing joy to watch. He "stinks football".

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I can't imagine a player that everyone on this forum is unanimous about as a "cult hero". Most definitely not Benzema. A lot of forum members have their own cult heroes, or at least guys they like/rate, but no one I can see as a unanimous choice. Ronaldinho seems the most unanimous choice of those listed thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Some of these players are too good to be cult heroes. Cult heroes are guys like Origi and Kyrgiakos.
It was meant to not be limited to bad players. I meant just players this board has had long debates over, nearly unanimously liked.

Could be a top end player or an obscure one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad