GDT: HFBoards 4/16/2024 | You thought yesterday was complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Despite the official screaming to play it, Florida is under no obligation to play that puck after the high stick play. Why did they? Leads to icing and pressure for Toronto.

If Florida doesn't play it the ref can blow the whistle and force an offensive zone face off

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Despite the official screaming to play it, Florida is under no obligation to play that puck after the high stick play. Why did they? Leads to icing and pressure for Toronto.

I'm not watching so I don't know the circumstances, but if there's a puck near you then you have to move it. There's a rule where the puck has to stay in constant motion or you get a faceoff in your zone

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Again, "always gets MUCH better" but they have ONE single series win in how many seasons? 7? 8? You keep making absolute statements but the results do not support your contention, IMHO
And I'm sure last year you had the same lame 'the Leafs have never won a series in 7-8 years with Matthews therefore they'll lose to Tampa' and they didn't. Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean it'll happen again. Lazy argument.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Well recent and long term history disagrees with you. If the bs And leafs match up in first round , bruins will be the favorite.
History means nothing.

If history meant anything, then Tampa Bay would have beaten Toronto last year.

Reactions: Rob Brown

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Games are played on ice, not paper. I'd take my chances with Toronto. Law of averages says the Leafs will beat us at some point but gotta play the numbers.
"The law of averages typically assumes that unnatural short-term “balance” must occur. This can also be known as “Gambler's Fallacy” and is not a real mathematical principle."

Just sayin'

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Does Toronto have any (niche) standings implications to play for? Or is it only potential Stanley Cup Finals based?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
True, but it should not be the case, similar to delayed offside.

That's only because Florida set a pick in front of the puck

If Florida didn't both going for it, the puck would come out of the zone. You can't just set a pick in front of it and then not play it.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
"The law of averages typically assumes that unnatural short-term “balance” must occur. This can also be known as “Gambler's Fallacy” and is not a real mathematical principle."

Just sayin'
So we CAN go undefeated against the Leafs from here to eternity. Sweet!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Btw I wonder if the Canes have any motivation at all to win tonight now that they can't win the Presidents' trophy anymore. CBJ up 2-1...
Motivation isn't the issue. Did you see the roster? Aho, Guentzel, Svech, Jarvis, Staal, Slavin, Pesce, Skjei, Andersen, Kochetkov all not playing tonight. The front office clearly thought resting guys was more important than winning, but the team on the ice is a bunch of rookies and call-ups and they are motivated to win, just aren't as talented.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Again, "always gets MUCH better" but they have ONE single series win in how many seasons? 7? 8? You keep making absolute statements but the results do not support your contention, IMHO
Despite everyone saying all year and every year "Lol @ Toronto goaltending" and "Lol @ Toronto defense", their goaltending and defense has never been the reason they have lost.

It has always been their secondary scoring.

Every year, if you scroll the boxscores, they never get any help from their secondary scoring or depth.

I expect this to change this year with Domi, Bertuzzi, Robertson, etc. all heating up recently.

Reactions: Rob Brown

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
Motivation isn't the issue. Did you see the roster? Aho, Guentzel, Svech, Jarvis, Staal, Slavin, Pesce, Skjei, Andersen, Kochetkov all not playing tonight. The team on the ice is a bunch of rookies and call-ups and they are motivated to win, just aren't as talented.
Well I mean resting all those top players may hint that winning isn't Carolina's top priority in this particular game.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad