HFBoard's 2022 Fantasy Draft: Pre-Draft & Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
All I can say is that nobody spoke up against extending the draft. I can hardly change it back now.
Sure you can. Just end it. We are only one pick over. I said if more rounds we needed to reduce clock. This is why.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Oh ffs. The problem isn’t 24 rounds at all. The problem is the rules and their lack of punishment for missing picks and certain guys essentially not giving a shit about holding things up and everyone else involved. Multiple guys were online on the forum when it was their pick and instead of actually making a pick they decided to come back the next day.

Some suggestions for the future:

—If it’s 10 hours between picks and someone misses, then it’s down 8 hours between picks for that person for the rest of the draft. Miss again? Down to 6 hours for the rest of the draft. Miss again? Pick you missed can’t be made until after the final pick of the draft.
—Possibly kicking people out.
—Everyone picks when they’re up and none of the “Oh, I’m going to wait because I think @S E P H is a nice guy” BS. He’s not. Just make your pick.

And no, we can’t end it now because some don‘t have two GKs and squads will be uneven.

• Haha
Reactions: S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It feels harsh to kick people out, at the end of the day this is a fun way of passing through some of the off-season.

Maybe we turn the timer down and make it a more common place to pick when people are gone. I know it's frustrating when there are long delays, I caused a couple myself, but sometimes life happens and you go mia for longer than your draft timer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh ffs. The problem isn’t 24 rounds at all. The problem is the rules and their lack of punishment for missing picks and certain guys essentially not giving a shit about holding things up and everyone else involved. Multiple guys were online on the forum when it was their pick and instead of actually making a pick they decided to come back the next day.

Some suggestions for the future:

—If it’s 10 hours between picks and someone misses, then it’s down 8 hours between picks for that person for the rest of the draft. Miss again? Down to 6 hours for the rest of the draft. Miss again? Pick you missed can’t be made until after the final pick of the draft.
—Possibly kicking people out.
—Everyone picks when they’re up and none of the “Oh, I’m going to wait because I think @S E P H is a nice guy” BS. He’s not. Just make your pick.

And no, we can’t end it now because some don‘t have two GKs and squads will be uneven.
None of the is wrong but the problem was going extra rounds knowing that this stuff was repeatedly happening. i can’t have been the only person that noticed this. I get that people have lives and that’s totally fine but this year it’s the most ridiculous it’s even been. We started this before the champions league final. It’s almost July now. There’s not even any trades or anything holding things up this year. Everyone is checked out because it’s been bad.

if people need a goalie take a goalie and then pull the plug on this.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
None of the is wrong but the problem was going extra rounds knowing that this stuff was repeatedly happening. i can’t have been the only person that noticed this. I get that people have lives and that’s totally fine but this year it’s the most ridiculous it’s even been. We started this before the champions league final. It’s almost July now. There’s not even any trades or anything holding things up this year. Everyone is checked out because it’s been bad.

Been exactly one month since we started this

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

No, the problem wasn’t going the extra rounds and you know it. The extra rounds literally started yesterday the moment my Digne pick posted, so to say the problem is the extra rounds is ridiculous. The problem is the bolded part of your post, though not everyone has been checked out. Like I said, people being on the forum when their pick is due and showing up 10 hours plus later when they could have just picked is the problem. It’s happened multiple times. It‘s one thing to have something in life getting in the way, another to be on the forum and not picking.

It feels harsh to kick people out, at the end of the day this is a fun way of passing through some of the off-season.

Maybe we turn the timer down and make it a more common place to pick when people are gone. I know it's frustrating when there are long delays, I caused a couple myself, but sometimes life happens and you go mia for longer than your draft timer.

It may feel harsh, but it’s in the rules this year (which I didn’t write) and it should be. If somebody can’t accommodate the draft then they either they shouldn’t join in the first place or should bow out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, the problem wasn’t going the extra rounds and you know it. The extra rounds literally started yesterday the moment my Digne pick posted, so to say the problem is the extra rounds is ridiculous. The problem is the bolded part of your post, though not everyone has been checked out. Like I said, people being on the forum when their pick is due and showing up 10 hours plus later when they could have just picked is the problem. It’s happened multiple times. It‘s one thing to have something in life getting in the way, another to be on the forum and not picking.

It may feel harsh, but it’s in the rules this year (which I didn’t write) and it should be. If somebody can’t accommodate the draft then they either they shouldn’t join in the first place or should bow out.
We shouldn’t have gone extra rounds if people can’t pick on time within normal rounds. That’s all I’m saying.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Yes I don't like the enforcing rules. No need for Nazi drafts.
But 24 round drafts are way too long and not even interesting.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I was hoping that there wouldn't be anyone missing picks multiple times, but there was. Wasn't too keen on reprimanding people beyond skipping their pick. Made sure to try pointing out when somebody had been skipped.

I'm not ending the draft now since some have already changed their picks based on the extra rounds.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I didn't have a problem when somebody skipped me. Things are not easy with time zones and personally I've been away the last week on a trip. Can't be checking phone every hour.

We are almost done

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Hey all. Sorry about the missed picks. Was away for the weekend and unexpectedly didn’t have any service. Back on the grid now and I’ll catch up shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I was hoping that there wouldn't be anyone missing picks multiple times, but there was. Wasn't too keen on reprimanding people beyond skipping their pick. Made sure to try pointing out when somebody had been skipped.

I'm not ending the draft now since some have already changed their picks based on the extra rounds.
Just to make it clear again : I'm not blaming you in any way. It's nice enough from you to organize the whole thing. That doesn't mean you have to throw the hammer on people and all.
I think everytime I participate it drags for too long. People get bored after a while, I know I am. I can't see why we can't do a starting XI draft, it's way enough and often, people don't miss their picks because 11 rounds is not too long.
I also insist that those huge pool drafts aren't the most interesting.
In the past we have done all time drafts, and even more interestingly, league per league draft where someoen specialized in a league couldn't participate but would judge (example, I wouldn't participate in an L1 draft, but would judge, and you would be the same for the EPL). This is WAY more interesting IMO. And helps with knowledge and develops interest in different leagues.

Hey all. Sorry about the missed picks. Was away for the weekend and unexpectedly didn’t have any service. Back on the grid now and I’ll catch up shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
There's none IMO.
People have life and can miss a pick and it's no big deal. IMO the problem is making it 24 rounds, not people having a life outside HFB.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

My comments have nothing to do with you. I’m just saying generally we could use some of the old rules of timeframes for missed picks. Not something I want to see, but when you have people repeatedly not picking we should have things in place that keep the draft moving along. I didn’t publicly point out skips, but PMed guys who were then on the clock.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can’t do picks in time. Can’t look up to see what players are drafted. Woof. The latter especially is bare minimum stuff. Several people have done it

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Can’t do picks in time. Can’t look up to see what players are drafted. Woof. The latter especially is bare minimum stuff. Several people have done it
Yeah that's a bad look. I was manually looking on mobile instead of 'control F' on computer.... My bad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah that's a bad look. I was manually looking on mobile instead of 'control F' on computer.... My bad.
I have found way more recently than I care to admit, for iPhones using safari there’s a button on the bottom that says “find on page” or something to that nature. Made both work and draft life so much easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad