HFBoards' 2017 Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I'm so used to when I get a PM, that it's my time to pick. I jumped the gun this time. Hopefully no one saw my pick :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sorry for the delay lads as it took me over an hour to pick after coming online. I blame Utley! Seriously, a lot of players out there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And you have 12 players in your squad to my 8 and you pick again before I do...

Sometimes you have to pay a high price for greatness I guess. =x Neymar had to come at a price...it's the only reason I was willing to do it was because I thought it gave me a chance to really fill out my squad with players I thought quite highly of.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I know. I almost went with a bit of a want with this pick. In fact had a different name down and ready to submit before changing it. Fortunately a lot of players I want tend to get ignored. Sadly not all of them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
---------Cavani---------
Malcom----------Di Maria
---Rabiot------Kanté---
---------Fabinho---------
Theo-Jermerson-Luiz-Perreira

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would have expected you to take a different left winger to round out that squad. There are a few better ones still available that fit your criteria, IMO.

Also isn't he a RW?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah I like Malcom a lot. Will be much higher profile once he moves to a bigger team. For now he may seem like a reach but in 3 years (maybe sooner), he'll look like a steal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can't pick for awhile. Now is good time to send trade offers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Trade

de Gea, 201 & 232
for
Paredes, Fekir & 219

And with this, we would like to introduce our starting 12:

Belotti - Werner
Insigne/Fekir
L. Sane - Diawara - Kovacec - Florenzi
Paredes
Christensen - Boateng - Sule
GK​

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm not paying that much attention, but I feel like few GKs have been taken.

Yeah, not too many. But considering I couldn't get de Gea because I never would draft a GK that high, I got the next best thing.

There was another player I was looking at but I'm pretty sure he'll still be there next round.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LOL CGF got all his guys for the midfield. Came expensive though. Curtinho must be a savage negotiator.

Yeah, not too many. But considering I couldn't get de Gea because I never would draft a GK that high, I got the next best thing.

There was another player I was looking at but I'm pretty sure he'll still be there next round.

I like Rico but he isn't that good. There are others better I think.;)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Others available that good? Nah not to me and I think I know who you mean. The taller the better for a keeper IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Eh I'm not overly happy moving Paredes on, but there are very few keepers I actually feel like are worth drafting before the very end and de Gea is one of them. Fekir was a bench player and I have a few midfielders in mind that could potentially replace Paredes though I don't like them as much in terms of my personal preference I'd say they're probably on a similar level of ability and fit my team.

Outside of maybe de Gea, Neuer and a few others there are just so many keepers available at a similar level.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Trade

de Gea, 201 & 232
for
Paredes, Fekir & 219

And with this, we would like to introduce our starting 12:

Belotti - Werner
Insigne/Fekir
L. Sane - Diawara - Kovacec - Florenzi
Paredes
Christensen - Boateng - Sule
GK​

We? I suppose you are twins.

Thought it was clear that line about 12 man starting XIs was a joke.

I'm just happy to have been able to land ter Stegen. Value for money in a draft like this he's great.

LOL CGF got all his guys for the midfield. Came expensive though. Curtinho must be a savage negotiator.

I'll say it was expensive.

Like the trade for Curtinho.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I really like Fekir to (if he recovers well in year two post surgery) and expect him to surpass Insigne in a few years around Belotti & Werner. Setting my attack up nicely to remain at a high level throughout injuries and aging.

But yeah, when I didn't get Biscuits or my german 6s, I really wanted Paredes to sit in front of Christensen - Boateng - Sule...I mean how the hell is anyone supposed to press that quartet? And that's without Diawara dropping back to aid Paredes when I'm using a midfield trio ahead of the back three.

We? I suppose you are twins.

Thought it was clear that line about 12 man starting XIs was a joke.

I had a whole spiel written out about how this expansion franchise, 1 FC Union Chicago, was proud to introduce it's completed starting 12 to riff on that joke because I was having fun thinking about how a 12 man formation could operate...since it would solve the biggest shortcomings with each of my favorite formations (the 4-3-1-2/4-1-2-1-2, 3-3-4/3-1-4-2, 3-4-1-2, and 3-4-2-1) by letting me merge them all together. Was just for s***s n gigs.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fekir was on my list when I picked Pedro, but I wasn't sure about having Fekir play the right side. Pretty underrated player around here.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Even though I plan on drafting someone still for my starting XI this wouldn't be half bad either:

Dzeko
Mertens - Robben
Lemar - Martinez - Bakayoko - Koke
Romagnoli - Koulibaly - de Vrij
de Gea

Ceballos​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad