GDT: HFBoard GDT | 1/16/19 - Lots of games, they can't all be DeBoering :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Shootout is useless.

They also need some sort of violation for just skating out of your zone the whole OT (like NBA backcourt violation) so boring ass teams like the flames don't win. You knew once they put 2 D out in OT that they were looking at the shootout.

Yes. One of the better 3 on 3 teams purposely delayed for the shootout. Totally makes sense. Nothing at all to do with them recognizing most 3 on 3 goals come off the rush

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Are the Leafs the worst team in the league in the shootout? I have zero confidence in their shooters and goaltending everytime OT ends.

Amazing game by Rittich and the Flames grinded out the win. Entertaining game to watch.
It is mind blowing that players as talented as Matthews and Marner can be just so god awful at shootouts lol

Reactions: Nizdizzle

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Wild score a goal and Tampa challenges. The goal is ruled offside but Tampa gets a penalty for a hook that happened after the offside. Can't say I've seen that happen before.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Shootout is useless.

They also need some sort of violation for just skating out of your zone the whole OT (like NBA backcourt violation) so boring ass teams like the flames don't win. You knew once they put 2 D out in OT that they were looking at the shootout.

The Flames are one of the top 5 teams in OT since Gaudreau has entered the league, the f*** are you talking about. Marner did the exact same thing a minute later.

Reactions: Volica

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
They put 2 D for the first line. Simmer down :popcorn:

flames have historically been exciting in OT.

Fair enough. They were not this time for sure.

The tender played very well though, have to tip the cap.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
The Flames are one of the top 5 teams in OT since Gaudreau has entered the league, the **** are you talking about. Marner did the exact same thing a minute later.

to be fair this was one of the worst overtime period ive seen in a while. Just not much going on either way but I prefer that over a gimmicky shootout

Reactions: DanM

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
True

After that they just skated around and around.

But hats off to the Flames goalie, great performance, stole that game away.

for the record I’m not a big fan of the getting out of the zone but how else can you create chances? Especially if the other team needs a change and one of the players risks it and gets caught.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
The Flames are one of the top 5 teams in OT since Gaudreau has entered the league, the **** are you talking about. Marner did the exact same thing a minute later.

I still hate when teams do that, my team as well, I would be saying the same thing if we were doing that.

I just hate shootouts very much lol

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
Screw shootouts.

One of those nights where both teams were lucky to get a point. Leafs were the better team but Rittich was absolutely sensational and they were lucky to get one by him at all. First, second, and third star all go to Big Save Dave. Holy crap, probably the best goaltending against us since Georgiev last year.
Yup agreed

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Are the Leafs the worst team in the league in the shootout? I have zero confidence in their shooters and goaltending everytime OT ends.

Amazing game by Rittich and the Flames grinded out the win. Entertaining game to watch.
Err, the Bruins would like a word about being the worst...

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
for the record I’m not a big fan of the getting out of the zone but how else can you create chances? Especially if the other team needs a change and one of the players risks it and gets caught.

Yeah, that is tough. It is not like in the NBA where you get so many whistles and timeouts.

Just becomes so boring!

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
The Wild score a goal and Tampa challenges. The goal is ruled offside but Tampa gets a penalty for a hook that happened after the offside. Can't say I've seen that happen before.
This...Is there some rule on the situation? It doesn’t make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad