GDT: HFBoard GDT | 1/16/19 - Lots of games, they can't all be DeBoering :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Heiskanen will not return to the Stars-Sabres game. He was involved in a collision in the corner where he fell into Rasmus Asplund. It looked like Asplund's stick hit Heiskanen in the head. I hope it is only precautionary and he's back soon.
Looked like Asplund got him with his knee by accident, right to Miro’s head. His upper body did not bend in any good ways. Hope he’s ok.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Looked like Asplund got him with his knee by accident, right to Miro’s head. His upper body did not bend in any good ways. Hope he’s ok.

No , it was an incidental crosscheck directly on top of the head. Wasn't the knee it was the stick in the replay it was pretty clear .

Thank goodness the break is close and i hope in general its nothing to worry about. Can't have probably the teams most important player miss much time.

He's not replaceable.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Flames out-chanced Toronto at 5v5 and had more high danger opportunities. The shot clock was 4 more shots for TO, including having 2 more power plays. Let's not act like the goalie alone was the reason Calgary won this game.

Monahan alone had 3 chances before OT in prime scoring positions, and Lindholm had a few as well. Rittich was tremendous tonight, but we shouldn't act like this was a 50-20 shot advantage. This was a really even game on both ends.

Yet rarely did it feel like Calgary was a threat. Andersen made a few nice saves, Rittich stopped several sure goals. Sometimes stats dont tell the whole story.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
No , it was an incidental crosscheck directly on top of the head. Wasn't the knee it was the stick in the replay it was pretty clear .

Thank goodness the break is close and i hope in general its nothing to worry about. Can't have probably the teams most important player miss much time.

He's not replaceable.
Oh yeah you’re right. Definitely was not going into that scrum with that intent though. Just unfortunate Miro fell down just as Asplund was getting there.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Evander Kane losing his cool once again.

How can anyone defend this goof.

Late Hit + Slewfoot.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo looked really good defensively tonight. They are a wild card sleeper team to be sure, and Skinner returning after the break to boot. They are going to make a trade yet, with their RHD depth, most likely Miller or Bogosain or both, they have the depth to do it. Keeping an eye on the home town boys to be sure.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Arizona....is legit. They are a great skating team with good skill. So weird after all these years of tanking.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Arizona....is legit. They are a great skating team with good skill. So weird after all these years of tanking.
They have work to do. They are a better squad then years past.

Whats amazing is how bad Hall looks to me. He doesn't stand out on the team.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
They have work to do. They are a better squad then years past.

Whats amazing is how bad Hall looks to me. He doesn't stand out on the team.
He's putting up points though since heading to Arizona. 14 in 15 games so far including 6 goals. Def not bad considering sometimes it can be an adjustment heading to a new team. That said, Arizona doesn't look any better or worse. They look the same to me. lol

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
He's putting up points though since heading to Arizona. 14 in 15 games so far including 6 goals. Def not bad considering sometimes it can be an adjustment heading to a new team. That said, Arizona doesn't look any better or worse. They look the same to me. lol
I get that, but as a former Hart Trophy winner, I feel like a player like that should dominate a game at times, and I don't see it currently. I'd be apprehensive of signing him to a major contract, although I understand it's a small sample size.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I love this guy calling the game on NBCSN, who is he?
John Walton, he's the Washington Capitals radio play by play announcer. He did the play by play for women's hockey in the 2018 olympics and also previously did play by play for the AHL Hershey Bears prior to moving up to the Capitals.

His signature call is after a Capitals win, whoever the opponent is he'll go Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Goodnight Whoever the Opponent is.

Reactions: SharksCyclops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad