HFB Build a Dynasty: Active Players GM Draft (DISCUSSION THREAD)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You're not really sending Staal down to the minors? :laugh:

Check out her cap situation :laugh:

Even I'm getting real tight up against the cap.

BTW what do we do with all the undrafted players?

donut

Sep 5, 2012
You're not really sending Staal down to the minors? :laugh:

I thought we weren't allowed to draft big money players and put them in the minors....

Edit: It says so in the rules and I also PMed 87and71 before about something similar to this...

Last edited:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Very happy to be able to select Vrbata . This kid is on a good cap and is soo underrated.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I thought we weren't allowed to draft big money players and put them in the minors....

Edit: It says so in the rules...
Indeed.

Lilna is not playing by the rules. The GM should be able to re-pick because Lilna mis-read (didn't read?) the rules and may need another player instead to stay cap compliant.

I would have drafted three more great stars and sent them to the minors before drafting fourth liners and third pairing dmen and backup goalie if we could!! But we can't, that is clear.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Cap is working out better than I expected. Kinda wish I could change a pick or two now. :laugh:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Indeed.

Lilna is not playing by the rules. The GM should be able to re-pick because Lilna mis-read (didn't read?) the rules and may need another player instead to stay cap compliant.

I would have drafted three more great stars and sent them to the minors before drafting fourth liners and third pairing dmen and backup goalie if we could!! But we can't, that is clear.

This exactly...

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Indeed.

No doubt about it. Lilina will have to re pick and will be auto skipped from here on out. I personally PM'd here about her last pick and it took nearly 2 hours to make it, all the while being signed on.

Anyway, I am trying to be a bit laid back because it is the 4th of July weekend (for us here in the States) and people have a lot going on. But we're on 1 hour time limits from here on out. If you notice an hour being eclipsed....PM the next person to pick. Obviously picks will happen much faster and the board won't always be updated, pick by pick but i'll do my best to keep up.

Thanks fellas.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
...we're on 1 hour time limits from here on out.
Worth emphasizing. :yo:

21. CBJ All The Way - Columbus Clippers - skipped
22. Pitt's Best #87 #66 - Hartford Whalers -ON THE CLOCK (PM sent)
23. LatvianTwist - Houston Aeros -
24. JussiJuice - Raleigh IceCaps -
25. 87and71 - Pittsburgh Yellow Jackets -
26. JI123 - Vancouver Millionaires
27. BarDownBob - Edmonton Oil Kings
28. Kesler2Burrows - Vancouver Ronaldos

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Worth emphasizing. :yo:

21. CBJ All The Way - Columbus Clippers - skipped
22. Pitt's Best #87 #66 - Hartford Whalers -ON THE CLOCK (PM sent)
23. LatvianTwist - Houston Aeros -
24. JussiJuice - Raleigh IceCaps -

*gasp* :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

KieranA91

Jan 31, 2013
Isle of Wight, UK
Can somebody confirm that Minor League players don't count towards salary? Not that it matters got enough space, just didn't want to add to it and be wrong! And they can have played in the NHL before right, just the prospects that can't? Seriously should read back but on my phone at the moment its effort!

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Can somebody confirm that Minor League players don't count towards salary? Not that it matters got enough space, just didn't want to add to it and be wrong! And they can have played in the NHL before right, just the prospects that can't? Seriously should read back but on my phone at the moment its effort!

Common sense... That's how you should determine whether they can be in the AHL or not... :nod:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Read especially the underlined from the rules on the PICKS thread op:

3. Players that have met rookie requirements in the NHL as of now, must start the season on you big league roster. Anyone who has either not played in the required games (25 games), met the age restriction (26 years old) or has obviously not been called up in real life can be put on your minor league roster to start off. Players from this years draft class are eligible to be drafted (Jones, Mac, Drouin etc) but MUST be put onto your minor league roster as they don't exist in the Sim for this past season.

KieranA91

Jan 31, 2013
Isle of Wight, UK
Well I don't really pay attention to what goes on in the minors in real life, especially over here where there's maybe 10 AHL games a season on TV, which is surprising enough as it is!

Cheers for the quote, understand now.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Since we're on a 1-hour clock...

21. CBJ All The Way - Columbus Clippers - skipped (PM had been sent)
22. Pitt's Best #87 #66 - Hartford Whalers - skipped (PM had been sent)
23. LatvianTwist - Houston Aeros - skipped (PM had been sent)
24. JussiJuice - Raleigh IceCaps - ON THE CLOCK (for 40 more minutes) (PM sent)

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Sorry guys. I usually get a text when it's my turn so I didn't check in which I should have even without it. Didn't mean to hold things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad