• LW - Sampo Ranta - 2018 #78 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LW - Tyler Weiss - 2018 #109 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Kamenev is pretty underrated around here IMO. I think the fact that he wasn't drafted by the Avs, and then broke his arm two weeks after being traded for, and missed the whole season, caused him to not be on fans radar the way Bowers and Meloche are.

Kam's potential is somewhere around theirs, but he's much more proven, and closer to NHL ready.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kamenev is pretty underrated around here IMO. I think the fact that he wasn't drafted by the Avs, and then broke his arm two weeks after being traded for, and missed the whole season, caused him to not be on fans radar the way Bowers and Meloche are.

Kam's potential is somewhere around theirs, but he's much more proven, and closer to NHL ready.

Well, he really didn't play well in his return, but it was understandable, that was pretty much a season-ender.

The hit that led to the injury gives me a bit of pause though. He had plenty of open ice and yet still somehow managed to run smack into one of the most immobile objects in the NHL in Brooks Orpik. It sure screamed "You ain't ready kid" to me. He's supposed to be a smart, crafty player, and that most certainly wasn't on display right then and there.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Well, he really didn't play well in his return, but it was understandable, that was pretty much a season-ender.

The hit that led to the injury gives me a bit of pause though. He had plenty of open ice and yet still somehow managed to run smack into one of the most immobile objects in the NHL in Brooks Orpik. It sure screamed "You ain't ready kid" to me. He's supposed to be a smart, crafty player, and that most certainly wasn't on display right then and there.

Can't say I share that sentiment. He's barely played in the NHL and this was his first game this season, rookie mistake that I'm sure he'll be more aware to avoid going forward.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yeah like Foppberg said, that was just a rookie mistake. He misjudged the speed and timing of the play, and because it was in open ice, he paid for it with a huge hit. Probably wasn't totally aware of who was out on the ice against him too.

Landy did the same thing his rookie year, when he misjudged how quickly Stuart was coming at him, and that he was the kind of player he needed to have his head on a swivel for.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, he got caught with his head down in open ice by a vet who made him pay. I can't really hold that against him, it was a tough break but he should bounce back from it. I fully expect him to be dressed for opening night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad