• LW - AJ Greer - 2015 #39 -(6)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Went with Meloche due to hesitation on Timmins health.
PCS can be really problematic. Otherwise it wouldve been him.
Add a goalie. Annunen I guess.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Timmins.

I'd actually maybe add 2 or even 3 guys to the poll options (just once, then continue with one addition per poll). There are six options now and when we hit the next tier after these six options the votes are going to spread a lot.

Add Ranta and Annunen.
I'll probably do that. There's no real reason to restrict it to one more per round aside from the work of entering them in one at a time every round.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
I really like Leivermann as well. Avs prospect pool hasn't been this deep in a looooooooong time. We have a legitimately good Top 5 and then like 15 B/C level guys that could be argued for top 10 spots.

I felt like it was a bit deeper/stronger during the season right after the Duchene with Kerfoot, Jost, and Compher all still in there...but they all quickly graduated I guess. Then you've got Toninato who was in there and who I would think we'd still call a prospect at this point.

Feeling less excited about the pool now than then but much more excited for the future. Especially because the prospect pool (barring trades) should be much better come next draft with all of our picks in the first three rounds and the lack of graduations. At this point, it's really only Greer and Kamenev who may graduate next year, right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I felt like it was a bit deeper/stronger during the season right after the Duchene with Kerfoot, Jost, and Compher all still in there...but they all quickly graduated I guess. Then you've got Toninato who was in there and who I would think we'd still call a prospect at this point.

Feeling less excited about the pool now than then but much more excited for the future. Especially because the prospect pool (barring trades) should be much better come next draft with all of our picks in the first three rounds and the lack of graduations. At this point, it's really only Greer and Kamenev who may graduate next year, right?

Meloche could be up for good by season's end.

Reactions: klozge

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'll probably do that. There's no real reason to restrict it to one more per round aside from the work of entering them in one at a time every round.

It's better to keep the polls as small as possible. A handful of votes on marginal picks can be the difference in later rounds, it's why we've always kept them smaller.

Bowers for me here, I'm really high on him.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It's better to keep the polls as small as possible. A handful of votes on marginal picks can be the difference in later rounds, it's why we've always kept them smaller.

Bowers for me here, I'm really high on him.
Yeah but if I and others are forced to vote for a player because our guy is not in the list then the results are not representative of the fan base. I prefer more choices to really see what people think.

Reactions: avsfan3737

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can't agree with you there, Bowers & Timmins aren't behind Meloche & Shvyry by much.

I really dont get how anyone can still be that high on Meloche. He had a bad, bad year last year and the biggest thing about young Defenders that you want to see is continued forward progress.

Yeah maybe there's a possibility he turns things around next season and gets back on track but I really wouldn't be banking on it and after last season there's know way he is anywhere close to the big 4 right now. I'd love to be wrong about him but I dont think I will be, he's well on his way to going in the same direction Bigras went.

Shvy probably has the same upside as Kaut and Bowers has, but he has so many questions marks to his game and his transition to North American that the other guys dont have, again I cant see how anyone can think he's a prospect of similar caliber to the big 4. If he puts it all together then maybe but he has such a long way to go to reach that.

The Top 4 of Makar, Bowers, Kaut, and Timmins are so far ahead of the rest of our group. They have higher upside and far less question marks then everyone else(Although Timmins concussion has moved him down the list for sure).

After those 4 there's a significant drop off before Shvy at 5, and then another drop off before the rest of the pack, which Meloche shouldn't even be leading.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really dont get how anyone can still be that high on Meloche. He had a bad, bad year last year and the biggest thing about young Defenders that you want to see is continued forward progress.

That is really not accurate... he had a rough start and a lot of that had to do with a nagging injury. As the season went on, he got healthier and earned the trust of the coach. By the end of the season he was on the top pairing and arguably the #1D on the team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

tf? Did you confuse Meloche with someone else? He battled a nagging injury to start the year and was squeezed out by the numbers game of a shared team early on...but he made consistent progress. Becoming an absolute monster for the Rampage once he got healthy and injuries to others opened up a spot for him. Down the stretch, he was their #1 & playing as well as any blueliner we ever sent them.

...well not quite as well as Zads did when Zads was focused, but Russian Nik didn't take SA very seriously...thus the shade their fans kept throwing at Nikita for shitting on the city during a STH event.

Saying Meloche had a bad year (much less a "bad, bad year") is so inaccurate that I really just have to give you the benefit of the doubt & assume that you are mixing him up with someone else. If Timmins comes back from his injury as well as Meloche did we should all be thrilled.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As for Shvyry-Bowers, I fully admit that I have more questions about Bowers becoming a legit 2nd liner rather than a Soda like middle-6er, than most. So I understand that I'm pretty much alone in thinking that Shvyrev's potential is much closer to Kaut's than Bowers' is, but to me there's a clear gap in their offensive upside.

...not dissimilar from their gap in defensive potential...but I'll take the potentially special scorer & capable two-way guy over the potentially capable scorer & special two-way guy.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Rampage fans kept saying how awesome Meloche was for the last month of the season and was truly taking over the game. Inclined to believe them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well its safe to say I disagree. He really didn't stand out much to me. Hence why I have him way further down the list.

He was locking things down defensively better than Dunk ever did, with a more grueling & physical style that wears the opposition down than dunk. While repeatedly showing off not only his excellent breakout passing, but his instincts to get into shooting positions & unload in the offense zone. What more did he need to do to stand out for you in that final third/quarter of the season?

...rush the puck up the ice with wide sweeping dekes while looking like he might fall over at any moment? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Timmins.
Hope the precautions and offseason are just what is needed.

Add Annunen and Lewis.
Agree people's choices need the option to fan out a little more after the top bunch. Although, I suppose you could add an "other" vote, with "write-ins" at some point.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
I read recently that Timmins stayed out of the development camp because of his ankle injury and not because of concussion symptoms. Sorry I forgot where so can't post any link... I hope it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad