Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2022 #6

Who is the Avs #6 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Jean-Luc Foudy wins running away to remain at #5 on the rankings.

1) Sean Behrens - D
2) Oskar Olausson - RW
3) Ben Meyers - C
4) Justus Annunen - G
5) Jean-Luc Foudy - C

Added Andrei Buyalski and Alex Beaucage to the polls. Remember to vote for two choices for who to add next!

Remaining prospects to be added:

Shane Bowers
Nate Clurman
Nikolai Kovalenko
Nick Leivermann
Taylor Makar
Trent Miner
Christopher Romaine
Shamil Shmakov
Tyler Weiss
Ivan Zhigalov

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This is a close one for me. I'm a pretty big Ambrosio fan, but I still believe in Kaut's upside. He's proven everything he needs to prove in the AHL, but his NHL durability and Bednar's confidence in him are huge question marks. This is likely his last gasp in our organization one way or the other, but out of what's left he's probably the best option.

Also, it looks like I got him and JLF switched up somehow, Kaut was #5 on the rankings last year, not #7.

Add Zhigalov and Romaine again, I like those picks and they have some shine and potential to them for now.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Going Kaut. Has the most NHL upside of anyone left but probably won't fulfill it with the Avs.

Add Bowers and Romaine.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm still very intrigued by Beaucage. Went Kaut as I think he has regular bottom 6 in him soon but Beaucage has an NHL shot already. If he can round out the rest of his game, he seems to have a better chance than Ranta in my very uneducated opinion.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They didn’t even keep Ranta as a black ace, I’m not so sure they are all that interested in him any longer, they kept Kaut as one btw. It’s close between the two though, Kaut has the better pro resume I guess that edges him for me.

add Bowers and Miner.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'm of the opinion that Kaut is done here. He doesn't fit our system and likely won't be called up next season. Another wasted 1st round pick

Reactions: missionAvs

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
If none of these remaining guys ever play a game at the NHL level, then it’s 100% Ranta because he’s made it that far.…..

Hate to put it in those terms, but that speaks to the depth of our prospect pool.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
The longer Makar goes without being added/voted for, the more likely it is for Makar to bolt off to Calgary in the near future.....

• Haha
Reactions: Bonzai12

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
How are we going to get to 25 "prospects".....?
we can still add those guys under AHL contract with the Eagles. also, we can resort on known names such as Siemens, Nantel, Aitokallio... just need to be a little bit creative. :thumbu:

btw Nantel was a ppg player last season during the playoffs. (2 points in 2 games in the ECHL playoffs) what a beast! if only he was still on our system, we wouldnt be needing to go now desperately after a 2C...:sarcasm:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How are we going to get to 25 "prospects".....?
I think we're just going to go to 20 this year. There are only 22 eligible prospects in the system with the trades and age outs. 20 with two players falling off the rankings seems fair, unless we want to go all the way to 22. Which is an option, I just didn't think there would be much interest by that point.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They didn’t even keep Ranta as a black ace, I’m not so sure they are all that interested in him any longer, they kept Kaut as one btw. It’s close between the two though, Kaut has the better pro resume I guess that edges him for me.

add Bowers and Miner.
Being a black ace means nothing. Jayson Megna was a black ace.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm still holding out hope that Kaut turns himself into a worthwhile NHLer. It's obvious if it's going to happen it won't be in Colorado, but there's a chance he gets his shit together somewhere else.

No idea why he and Bowers have been retained for so long.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm still holding out hope that Kaut turns himself into a worthwhile NHLer. It's obvious if it's going to happen it won't be in Colorado, but there's a chance he gets his shit together somewhere else.

No idea why he and Bowers have been retained for so long.
Yeah, I expected a prospect swap for Kaut/Bowers the last two trade deadlines. Bowers I can see why there wouldn't be much interest, but Kaut has pedigree and a respectable AHL record, surely there's some team out there who wants to take a swing on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad