HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll #19

Who is the Avs #19 Prospect?

• D - Nick Leivermann - 2016 #187 - (18)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's as rookie of a mistake that you can make tigre, weight is a million times more important than anything about height. However, some people are genetically predisposed that they just cannot gain weight so it's hard for them to gain muscle. Stefan Elliott is one example who weighed around the same since he was drafted and why he never amounted to anything in the NHL. Weiss can suffer the same fate no doubt, but he's easily better than anyone picked from 12th up till now.

Crosby is 5'11" and Weiss is 5'10, that means that Sidney is one inch bigger than Tyler, but weighs 41 lbs heavier (200 vs 159) based upon the stats given to us by NHL and EP. You want to make the argument that Weiss will never become an NHL player because he's one inch less than Crosby?
Do you know what frame means?

Reactions: Foxtail

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Well we should've picked Weiss like 5 polls ago, but not much we can do about that now...what are Weiss's warts other than weighing as much as a pre-teen and having a longer development arc because of that?
Personally think his skating is lacking a bit for a player with his size, maybe some think it's good enough. Vision and hands are there for sure.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Do you know what frame means?
Of course you mentioned frame as in both height and weight, yet you went straight after weight in the second sentence in your post, which is why I responded. If you're trying to say that his frame is a disadvantage of becoming an NHL player, I absolutely agree, but that's more of a physical problem than a lack of talent, no? My main argument is that sure he's risky and I am not saying I am correct, but he has the talent to make a lot of fans here second guess their scouts eye.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I read frame as skeletal breadth. The ability of a players body to carry weight. Height is height, weight is the amount of mass on the frame, but frame connotes thickness. To use a couple recently former Avs...Barrie has a good frame for hockey. Kerfoot not so much. Same height, different weight due to frame. In regards to prospects, frame tends to indicate which end of that spectrum a player will be closer to after growing. Weiss is more akin to Kerfoot.

Reactions: S E P H and cgf

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I read frame as skeletal breadth. The ability of a players body to carry weight. Height is height, weight is the amount of mass on the frame, but frame connotes thickness. To use a couple recently former Avs...Barrie has a good frame for hockey. Kerfoot not so much. Same height, different weight due to frame. In regards to prospects, frame tends to indicate which end of that spectrum a player will be closer to after growing. Weiss is more akin to Kerfoot.

If I ever form a band, that's what I'm gonna name it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Exactly what I was saying...
Frame isn't just about length, but also girth...
:naughty:

Reactions: Tweaky

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
That's as rookie of a mistake that you can make tigre, weight is a million times more important than anything about height. However, some people are genetically predisposed that they just cannot gain weight so it's hard for them to gain muscle. Stefan Elliott is one example who weighed around the same since he was drafted and why he never amounted to anything in the NHL. Weiss can suffer the same fate no doubt, but he's easily better than anyone picked from 12th up till now.

Crosby is 5'11" and Weiss is 5'10, that means that Sidney is one inch bigger than Tyler, but weighs 41 lbs heavier (200 vs 159) based upon the stats given to us by NHL and EP. You want to make the argument that Weiss will never become an NHL player because he's one inch less than Crosby?
She said frame not height , he has nothing to.put weight on

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Weiss is like me actually lol. I was 5'11 150lbs when I graduated HS. Despite taking weight training daily as a zero hour class and a lot of work outside of that. I didn't hit 170lbs until my mid to late twenties despite a metric shit ton of working out. Twice a day or more, 4K calories a day or more, etc. My BMI was 4% throughout my twenties, then 30 happened.

Some times it is just the hand life deals you lol. Weiss may pull a PA Parenteau in his late twenties if he sticks with it, but hes screwed until 25+.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad