• G - Justus Annunen - 2018 #64 - (12)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah bar/drunk fights involving NHL players happen...we just never hear about them. It's probably less common now than it used to be...but back when teams had goons it was frequent.

There are (in)famous bar fight stories here back in the Nords days involving guys like John Kordic, Chris Simon, Tony Twist and many others.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I seem to recall some kind of off-ice incident regarding Chris Stewart that the Avs really didn't take well to, Terry Frei basically said they didn't think Stewie was doing what he needed to do to recover from that broken hand he suffered from that fight with Kyle Brodziak.

And yeah, I know, when it involved a high-profile player, the Avs act like any other sports organization, but I don't think Greer's already-tenuous status with the club is helped by this.

And this isn't directed at you or anyone in particular but FTR I don't think this reflects poorly on A.J. Greer's or Sonny Milano's character at all. **** happens (even I've been in a few scuffles in my youth) and as you say, the guy who apparently took the beating (and he possibly deserved it) is making a big stink over nothing.

Stewart was more worried about smoking pot than rehabbing... much different than a scuffle in the middle of summer.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Greer is going to take it but I’m not voting for him. I’m going Ranta, he has the highest upside of everyone who is left. If he just gets it together a little he could actually contribute.

Add Lewis, he’s better than Shvyrev

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I vote Werner.
Cuz even though he’s a backup at best he’s still gonna play more games for the avs than anyone else I can vote for here

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I really don't see how his fight is going to impact his status with the team... Avs players and prospects have done worse in the past. Greer isn't going to make the Avs because he is a penalty machine and you can't have a 7 minute 4th liner costing you games. He'll get waived and picked up by somebody like the Kings/Ducks where he can add toughness and get a run without hurting their chances

It's unfortunate, because I think Greer still can be a great 4th liner or decent 3rd liner. Some of the calls he had made against him were complete bullshit, and each time he's never got a decent chance to get comfortable at the NHL level he either gets sent down or takes a penalty. I hope we keep him around, because soon we won't be able to afford to ice a $7 mil 4th line.

Reactions: FreshFitted67

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I can't believe that our prospect pool is one of our strong points now. Prospects outside of our top 10 actually have a shot of having a decent NHL career as a bottom 6 guy. Crazy considering a few years ago everyone outside of the top 5 was basically AHL fodder.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I can't believe that our prospect pool is one of our strong points now. Prospects outside of our top 10 actually have a shot of having a decent NHL career as a bottom 6 guy. Crazy considering a few years ago everyone outside of the top 5 was basically AHL fodder.
To be fair, most of our pool outside the top 5 now will end up AHL fodder. ;)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

Our prospect pool was voted 2nd best by HFBoards users. I think NYR was number 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad