Who is the Avs #11 Prospect?

• G - Justus Annunen - 2018 #64 - (12)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nikolai Kovalenko rises three spots to round out the top ten for 2019. Justus Annunen and Alex Beaucage added, there will be one per round from now on.

PositionPlayerDraft2019 Rank2018 RankChange
RDCale Makar2017 #41 (96.7%)10
LDBowen Byram2019 #42 (98.1%)--
CAlex Newhook2019 #163 (60.0%)--
RDConor Timmins2017 #324 (57.8%)3-1
RWMartin Kaut2018 #165 (92.6%)2-3
CShane Bowers2017 #28 (TR)6 (76.6%)4-2
CVladislav Kamenev2014 $42 (TR)7 (52.1%)6-1
RDNicolas Meloche2015 #408 (46.5%)5-3
RDDrew Helleson2019 #479 (58.1%)--
RWNikolai Kovalenko2018 #17110 (51.5%)13+3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going with Shvyrev here, I still like his skillset a lot even if he basically had a lost year of development. He's just such a good, smooth passer, hopefully he can make some real strides in the AHL this year and move up into the Eagles top six.

Add Lewis for me, he had a very underwhelming AHL year but there aren't many better options at this point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Shvy here... last mulligan year has been used up. If he doesn't produce numbers this year, he's done. Almost went LOC here... I wasn't big on signing him last summer, but if he has another good season, I'll be sold on him as a future bottom 6 guy.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Werner. I think he has backup potential and IMO that is worth more than any of those bottom-6 guys that are left. Ranta might have top-6 potential but I doubt he reaches it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Went with Greer here because of how far along he is in comparison to the rest, but at this point there are cases for a few players with how slim the pickings are.

Thank god with the additions we're reaching HM status because there's no one left.

Who's our best pylon defenseman? Add him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Flip flopped between O'Connor and Greer on this one...

Ultimately taking O'Connor. I think Greer has a higher ceiling and perhaps more potential NHL tools... But I just am a huge fan of O'Connors game and think it will ultimately translate extremely well to the NHL.

The thing I like most about LOC is his steady improvement every single year. And last he was his most productive year yet in the hardest league he's played yet. And while most young guys playing in the AHL for the first time tend to hit a wall after 40-50 games as they adjust to the pro game and more importantly the pro schedule and having to play 2-3 games every week that they weren't previously used to... O'Connor hit no such wall and actually got markedly better from the first half of the year to his second half after he had a taste of the NHL.

I think O'Connor comes back next year as a ~PPG level player in the AHL and ends up being a permanent roster player in the NHL by the deadline on the 4th line. I see him as a future 15-20 point forward but a guy who you can rely on to play consistent hockey every night and can be trusted in all situations.

EDIT: I'd say add Zhuravlyov, and Miner if two additions.

Ryan Pat80

Mar 16, 2019
Colorado Springs

Ultimately taking O'Connor. I think Greer has a higher ceiling and perhaps more potential NHL tools... But I just am a huge fan of O'Connors game and think it will ultimately translate extremely well to the NHL.

The thing I like most about LOC is his steady improvement every single year. And last he was his most productive year yet in the hardest league he's played yet. And while most young guys playing in the AHL for the first time tend to hit a wall after 40-50 games as they adjust to the pro game and more importantly the pro schedule and having to play 2-3 games every week that they weren't previously used to... O'Connor hit no such wall and actually got markedly better from the first half of the year to his second half after he had a taste of the NHL.

I think O'Connor comes back next year as a ~PPG level player in the AHL and ends up being a permanent roster player in the NHL by the deadline on the 4th line. I see him as a future 15-20 point forward but a guy who you can rely on to play consistent hockey every night and can be trusted in all situations.

Think Greer can finally stick around this season? I know development isn't linear, but IMO, seems his clock is ticking kinda fast (My Cousin Vinny if anyone misses the dumb reference). He's what, 24 now?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Think Greer can finally stick around this season? I know development isn't linear, but IMO, seems his clock is ticking kinda fast (My Cousin Vinny if anyone misses the dumb reference). He's what, 24 now?

I will be mildly surprised if Greer is even with the Avs organization by the time the season starts. If he's on the Avs, I'll be flabbergasted.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

He's only 22. I still think there is potential in Greer.

Add Miner and Saigeon

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really don't see how his fight is going to impact his status with the team... Avs players and prospects have done worse in the past. Greer isn't going to make the Avs because he is a penalty machine and you can't have a 7 minute 4th liner costing you games. He'll get waived and picked up by somebody like the Kings/Ducks where he can add toughness and get a run without hurting their chances

Reactions: PAZ and Ryan Pat80

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Shvy here... last mulligan year has been used up. If he doesn't produce numbers this year, he's done. Almost went LOC here... I wasn't big on signing him last summer, but if he has another good season, I'll be sold on him as a future bottom 6 guy.

Is Shyv going to have to play wing in order to get time higher in the AHL lineup? Wasn't he basically the 4C down there last year?

Bold prediction on LOC considering who he has to jump. Unless injuries hit pretty hard obviously.

Our 4th line is all NHL regulars. If Kam and Greer will have difficulty cracking the lineup. LOC is going to have to jump even more bodies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Shyv going to have to play wing in order to get time higher in the AHL lineup? Wasn't he basically the 4C down there last year?

I'd say that will probably have to happen. Lines and roles in the AHL are more fluid... I expect Shvy will get a run as the "#3" center behind Tynan and Bowers to start with players like Lewis/Henry/Joly as his wings. His usage was a bit of a mess... 4C was common, saldy so was scratch and bench. He's going to have to flat out earn a bigger role... not going to be given to him, so has to take it.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Greer doesn't win that one we might as well remove him from the list completely.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really don't see how his fight is going to impact his status with the team... Avs players and prospects have done worse in the past. Greer isn't going to make the Avs because he is a penalty machine and you can't have a 7 minute 4th liner costing you games. He'll get waived and picked up by somebody like the Kings/Ducks where he can add toughness and get a run without hurting their chances

It's not unreasonable to think, especially given past precedent, that his arrest affects his status with the team, even if only as the final nail in the coffin.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's not unreasonable to think, especially given past precedent, that his arrest affects his status with the team, even if only as the final nail in the coffin.

What past precedent is there? The last player in the org to have legal issues was Varly... his worked carried on like normal. Roy had issues and carried on like normal. Much more high profile players and much harsher issues, yet were allowed to carry on as normal. It is a random fight that will get dropped or a small fine. These types of fights happen more than people want to admit, there is just a petty person in this case making it a bigger deal.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What past precedent is there? The last player in the org to have legal issues was Varly... his worked carried on like normal. Roy had issues and carried on like normal. Much more high profile players and much harsher issues, yet were allowed to carry on as normal. It is a random fight that will get dropped or a small fine. These types of fights happen more than people want to admit, there is just a petty person in this case making it a bigger deal.

I seem to recall some kind of off-ice incident regarding Chris Stewart that the Avs really didn't take well to, Terry Frei basically said they didn't think Stewie was doing what he needed to do to recover from that broken hand he suffered from that fight with Kyle Brodziak.

And yeah, I know, when it involved a high-profile player, the Avs act like any other sports organization, but I don't think Greer's already-tenuous status with the club is helped by this.

And this isn't directed at you or anyone in particular but FTR I don't think this reflects poorly on A.J. Greer's or Sonny Milano's character at all. Shit happens (even I've been in a few scuffles in my youth) and as you say, the guy who apparently took the beating (and he possibly deserved it) is making a big stink over nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad