TV: HF TV Awards (may contain spoilers)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Maybe I should watch season 1 of TWD over again but I thought it was very well done and had a ton of promise. Would never even bother with Prison Break as a show with that theme on network TV is ridiculous, especially as a huge fan of Oz.
I've actually only seen the first season of Walking Dead and I thought it was terrible-- just really contrived and totally uninspired/formulaic.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Suffice it to say, my favorite television shows of all time are Six Feet Under, The Wire, Breaking Bad and LOST.

I omitted many of the "worst of" categories because if I don't like something, I usually stop watching it after a couple seasons if the quality doesn't improve.

Best character - Walter White (Breaking Bad) | Tyrion Lanninster (Game of Thrones) | Omar Little (The Wire) | HM: Nate Fisher (Six Feet Under)

Most interesting character - Benjamin Linus (LOST) | "Bubbles" (The Wire) | Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal) | HM: David Fisher (Six Feet Under)

Best authority figure - Howard Colvin (The Wire) | William Moreland (The Wire) | Rustin Cohle & Martin Hart (True Detective)

Funniest character - Charlie Skinner (The Newsroom) | Brenda Chenowith (Six Feet Under) | Saul Goodman (Breaking Bad)

Best secondary character - Benjamin Linus (LOST) | Gustavo Fring (Breaking Bad) | Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)

Most annoying character - Catelyn Stark (Game of Thrones) | Lori Grimes (The Walking Dead) | Michael Dawson (LOST)

Character you love to hate - Joffrey Baratheon (Game of Thrones) | Stringer Bell (The Wire) | Gustavo Fring (Breaking Bad)

Best HBO show - #1a Six Feet Under | #1b The Wire | #3 Game of Thrones

Best show for character development - #1 Six Feet Under | #2 The Wire | #3 LOST

Most underappreciated show - #1 Person of Interest | #2 Six Feet Under | #3 Hannibal

Most overrated show - #1 Deadwood | #2 The Sopranos | #3 Game of Thrones

Best acting - #1 The Wire | #2 Six Feet Under | #3 True Detective S1

Best longevity - #1 The Wire | #2 The Sopranos | #3 Six Feet Under

Most unique setting - #1 Game of Thrones | #2 LOST | #3 The Wire

Best dialogue - #1 The Wire | #1a Six Feet Under | #3 Game of Thrones

Best writing - #1 The Wire | #2 Six Feet Under | #3 The Newsroom

Best continuity - #1 The Sopranos | #2 Six Feet Under | #3 LOST

Best episode of any show - "That's My Dog" (Six Feet Under) | "Final Grades" (The Wire) | "Ozymandias" (Breaking Bad) | "The Constant" (LOST) | "Battle of the ********" (Game of Thrones)

Least predictable - #1 Six Feet Under | #2 True Detective S1 | #3 Hannibal

Best ending - Six Feet Under (Disclaimer: No show even comes remotely close... the greatest series finale ever conceived)

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Best character: Lorne Malvo (Fargo, Season 1)
Most interesting character: David Fisher (Six Feet Under)
Best authority figure: Coach Taylor (Friday Night Lights) - Stretching what an authority figure is I guess, but he deserves mention
Funniest character: Murray (Flight of the Conchords)
Best secondary character: Morty Seinfeld (Seinfeld)
Best HBO show: Six Feet Under
Best show for character development: Six Feet Under
Most underappreciated show: Flight of the Conchords
Best acting: Six Feet Under
Most Uniue Setting: Creepy crime drama in the Bayou (True Detective, Season 1)
Best longevity: South Park
Best dialogue: Fargo (both seasons)
Best writing: Fargo (both seasons)
Best ending: Six Feet Under

It's amazing to me how many people haven't seen Six Feet Under, and thus, how underrated and underappreciated it is.

Edit: For most interesting character I thought you had Nate instead of David, but nonetheless, both fit the category for me. Though I think Nate was slightly more interesting, better written and conceived than David.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad