OT: HF Shinny (II) - Game 4 - TBA

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Canuck fans and Oiler fans getting together? End of days, my friend. ;)

And Mossey, I thought CanucksSayEh's spin-o-rama in the shootout was pretty slick as well. But yeah, my cousin's "Marek Malik" move was filthy...

I don't know if you remember, but in the warm ups you were the first person to take a shot at me and it went shoulder level and caught me awkwardly.

Well, I found a fat bruise in my armpit area today, I didn't even know it was there, :laugh:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I don't know if you remember, but in the warm ups you were the first person to take a shot at me and it went shoulder level and caught me awkwardly.

Well, I found a fat bruise in my armpit area today, I didn't even know it was there, :laugh:

Goalies become immune to minor pain it appears.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Sorry about that, bud. I have determined I need new skates...my shins are in tatters. Ugh.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
My skates actually worked pretty well. I felt I was going faster than last shinny, I wasn't too uncomfortable, and no blisters on my feet! Probably should get them sharpened though.

I'm not hurt from shinny (even when I slide on the ice 4 or 5 times) but I played road hockey after and my groin hurts so much from too much hockey and I got hit in the eye with a stick and now my eye hurts.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What do you guys think about renting the ice at Rogers arena next game? I know I mentioned it before but wasn't really feasible at the time.

I think it runs at $1000 for 2 hours, so we would need like 20-30 players. A bit more pricy than 8-rinks, but would be a very cool experience.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
I read that the score was 20-8?

Yikes. :amazed:

You guys missed out from having me out there. ;) Let me know when were setting up the next game. I'll try and make sure that I can make it out for it this time.

Glad to see you guys had a good time.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
What do you guys think about renting the ice at Rogers arena next game? I know I mentioned it before but wasn't really feasible at the time.

I think it runs at $1000 for 2 hours, so we would need like 20-30 players. A bit more pricy than 8-rinks, but would be a very cool experience.

LOL, it's like double. If you just want to skate there, chum up with a Re/MAX agent, they have a family Christmas skate there every year.

And yes, it would be awesome. I got to play at Maple Leaf Gardens, and chills were running down my spine the whole time.

CoopALoop

Apr 19, 2012
Van, Bandwagoner
LOL, it's like double. If you just want to skate there, chum up with a Re/MAX agent, they have a family Christmas skate there every year.

And yes, it would be awesome. I got to play at Maple Leaf Gardens, and chills were running down my spine the whole time.

When I was a kid, my hockey org. had rented out GM place's rink for an intersquad game.

Both teams got to change in the visitors locker rooms and we were able to meet Ohlund, Sedins and Morrison.

Playing on that ice surface was unreal. The lights, the stands, just the "grandeur" of it all.

If members here aren't opposed to shelling out some cash, it really is an amazing experience.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC

32 works fairly well, 15 skaters a side and two goalies. If it is $1000 then that'll be about $32 a pop.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
When I was a kid, my hockey org. had rented out GM place's rink for an intersquad game.

Both teams got to change in the visitors locker rooms and we were able to meet Ohlund, Sedins and Morrison.

Playing on that ice surface was unreal. The lights, the stands, just the "grandeur" of it all.

If members here aren't opposed to shelling out some cash, it really is an amazing experience.

I remember yk2 mentioned this, and I believe it worked out to about $50 per person if there were 30 skaters.

Lundface*

30 skaters for one hour really is nothing, each skater gets 10 minutes on the ice.

20 mins each actually

10 people on at a time ( skaters not counting the goalie). You then get a third of the ice time

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I forgot to mention this, but to those who went to game 1 and game 2, did game 2 feel much faster-paced than game 1? Game 1 I was tired at the end of each shift, game 2 it felt like I had ran 4 hours in the Sahara after each shift.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I felt good at both. Then again, I was skating pretty lazily. :P

EDIT: Played in my first league game last night. Felt so bloody good to get into a game.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Having a few extra guys on the bench for game 2 helped a whole lot. Personally it was a world of difference for me because my cardio has been much better from playing twice a week the past few months, plus I didn't have to conserve my energy for a playoff game an hour later.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
According to people on the BoH board they pay to watch the team and the logo has more value than the players. So...how about renting that Rogers Arena ice, wearing Canuck jerseys, and charging people $200/ticket to watch us play? :sarcasm:

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
According to people on the BoH board they pay to watch the team and the logo has more value than the players. So...how about renting that Rogers Arena ice, wearing Canuck jerseys, and charging people $200/ticket to watch us play? :sarcasm:

I'd charge them 10 dollars, with the proceeds going to Canuck Place if we were to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad