HF Ranking Prospect Pools #3

prospect pool #3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Depth is key.

Is it though? Because I would take top end talent over depth 10 times out of 10.

People on this site have been saying Philly has the best prospect pool in the league for what seems like 4 years now. The problem is all they’ve had is depth but not nearly enough top end talent and that shows.

For example, nobody in their right mind would trade Jack Hughes for Caufield, Poehling, and Suzuki, yet people will vote Montreal because of depth. Makes no sense at all.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Good prospect pool for sure, not ahead of Philly or LA for me (others could be argued as well) but anywhere from 3-8 would be reasonable.
Caufield cements our position at #3 with the incredible depth and high end prospects we have.
Just a reminder: Caufield/Poehling/Suzuki/Brook/Romanov/Primeau all had fantastic seasons.
In terms of F: edge to MTL easily imo
Of D: edge to mtl.
G: Mtl.
Habs > Philly

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am still confused why in vote 1, goalies playing 40 games was the criteria and Hart wasn't listed. Then once the OP was told Hart was missing, instead of adding him, the criteria changed to 30 games played for goalies. Hmmm....

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I am still confused why in vote 1, goalies playing 40 games was the criteria and Hart wasn't listed. Then once the OP was told Hart was missing, instead of adding him, the criteria changed to 30 games played for goalies. Hmmm....
Illegal prospect

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
:laugh:

Seriously though, if Hart's in that list I think I'd give it to Philly because he's got Carey Price written all over him.
i don't think Hart's inclusion would be enough to swing the balance towards Philly imo...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To me, a prospect has to have Calder Eligibility.

Carter Hart does not, so I wouldn't include him on Philly's list.
And that would be fine/fair. But that's not the criteria the OP used in poll 1...it was 40 games for goalies too. Then it changed for poll 2. Just a flaw from the get go. It's just odd that goalies have a different games played criteria compared to everyone else for the OP's criteria.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm a Flyers fan, but I honesty like Chicago and New Jersey's the best right now

And nothing against Montreal - but I just don't see it. It could be that I don't know their guys enough though. I just see more high-end talent in CHI and NJD.

Reactions: Devonator

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I will let this poll run a little longer, as it is pretty close between Philly and Montreal.

Reactions: Devonator

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Habs fan voting Philly.

Their depth is insane.

After that it's between Chicago, Los Angeles, New Jersey and Canadiens.

Habs defenseman are a bit underrated around here (apart from Montreal fans) because Romanov and Brook are not so much hyped a lot but they are as surefire NHLer as you can get.

I agree that the habs miss firepower though.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Philly should’ve been 1, so no brainer here
source.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad