Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 23rd Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Capitals fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 22nd overall pick the Flames took Morrissey with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Capitals select 23rd overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne
Senators: Andre Burakovsky
Red Wings: Valentin Zykov
Blue Jackets: Ryan Pulock
Sharks: Anthony Mantha
Leafs: Curtis Lazar
Flames: Josh Morrissey

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Capitals fans so if your not a Capitals fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I went Rychel, I really like what he has to offer, I'd be pretty happy if this is how the first 22 picks end up going.

Really? Other then 1 or 2 picks the top 22 looks like a worst case scenario of all the top players being picked. I am guessing since every team has a different draft board 2-4 of the guys selected on the list above will fall to Washington though

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Since it's basically a two-horse race--and it shouldn't really be--I'll say Hartman.

I'd take Morin probably but I'm not sure they have the patience required to develop him properly.
Really? Other then 1 or 2 picks the top 22 looks like a worst case scenario of all the top players being picked. I am guessing since every team has a different draft board 2-4 of the guys selected on the list above will fall to Washington though
Agreed but we'll see. The only player I might be thankful to be off the board is Burakowsky but it's tough to be that close to getting Lazar or Morrissey.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Warren Rychel's kid or Mary Hartman Mary Hartman's...

Stick to the hockey bloodlines - a McPhee calling card.

Rychel.

Last edited:

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York

I just mean Rychel being there, I'd be very happy if we end up with him at 23.

hogtownhabsfan*

I think Hartman is probably a better fit for the Caps. Heart and soul defensively responsible Captain Callahan type, but with more speed and skill.

Rychel is kinda ****** defensively.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
What is it you guys like about Hartman?

Is it his leadership, where late in the third, down 2:1, has a chance to really nail a guy shoulder to shoulder, and instead he ****ing elbows him. Holy ****, is he stupid or what?

Liberati0n*

Is it his leadership, where late in the third, down 2:1, has a chance to really nail a guy shoulder to shoulder, and instead he ****ing elbows him. Holy ****, is he stupid or what?

I like that he plays with a wired controller so he never has to worry about the batteries dying mid-game.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He's the most fool-proof complete forward left. Maybe not the one with the most long-term upside--which could arguably be Compher or Klimchuk--but the forward that I don't think they could botch too much due to instability elsewhere.

Another team with a solid long-term center core and better puck distribution would get more out of Rychel in the long run. The Caps need more complete forwards that can play at a controlled high pace and that's not really Rychel's game at this point. I could still see him being the pick nonetheless because of a sketchy resemblance to being a playoff type player or whatever but that whole thing is partially why they've regressed possession-wise year-to-year to begin with. They need more true three-zone competitive forwards and Hartman at this point is the best of the bunch.

Plus he's played center this year so there's some positional flexibility there.

Last edited:

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
McPhee's draft board probably has every forward listed as "center."

Rychel is listed as a C in some sources too.
By the way, in the second round I really want the Caps to take another C/RW - Jimmy Lodge from Saginaw. I ended up watching many of the Spirit's games and Lodge definitely stood out as well as Locke after they traded Trocheck.
Overall, this is a good draft for OHL forwards. I like Nastasiuk too.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think Hartman is probably a better fit for the Caps. Heart and soul defensively responsible Captain Callahan type, but with more speed and skill.

Rychel is kinda ****** defensively.

Was wondering about the Callahan comparison after reading about him. First NHL comparison I thought of. Went with Rychel, but The Caps do need more Hart(man) on the roster....

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
This is kind of interesting. Hartman and Rychel essentially dead even, with the more prospect-knowledgeable posters split pretty evenly as well.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This is kind of interesting. Hartman and Rychel essentially dead even, with the more prospect-knowledgeable posters split pretty evenly as well.

Thats the two that I had to choose from. Rychel with his greater size and production. Though Hartman's intangibles from all descriptions sounds intriguing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad