Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 14th Overall

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Zykov, Pulock, Horvat, and Mantha would all be good picks at 14, IMO. I selected Zykov.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I went with Mantha. If I was to make a crazy prediction about one player in particular in the draft, it would be that Mantha sticks around late into training camp for his respective club, and depending on the team, allows him to play the 9 game tryout. I really think he's going to surprise some people as to how NHL ready he actually is. Wouldn't be disappointed with the Bo Horvat selection, but I think with guys like Hartman and Lazar likely to be available with one of the other picks, you need to take the guy with the highest ceiling. JMO.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Mantha, Lazar, Erne.

My dream first 3 picks this year. (barring any trades to move up or players sliding)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Went Pulock, guy is all character and worked for everything he has. It would also be real nice to have a big threat on the pp for a change. Pulock and Murray running a unit in the future...sounds pretty good to me

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Ive only seen the kid a couple times but from what i've read and seen he could almost be a Ryan Callahan type. fair?

That's fair, but I would compare Callahan and Kesler favorably also ... based on effort and playstyle.

Went Pulock, guy is all character and worked for everything he has. It would also be real nice to have a big threat on the pp for a change. Pulock and Murray running a unit in the future...sounds pretty good to me

Big fan of Pulock, but careful - you may be ostracized for talking about drafting another defenseman, after all, we only need six :sarcasm:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I`d be tempted to go with Zadorov at this point, regardless of need. Could either trade him or trade down, but he shouldn`t still be on the board at 14. Good forwards should still be available with the remaining first rounders.

kingofpuck

Jul 17, 2012
Horvat because he fits the style we want moving forward and won't be available after this pick. Having watched Mantha, there are too many similarities to Alex Picard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad