Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 14th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Blue Jackets fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 13th overall pick the Jets took Gauthier with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Blue Jackets select 14th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Blue Jackets fans so if your not a Blue Jackets fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I would put Horvat ahead of Mantha for the simple fact that he is a complete player and appears to better fit the CBJ mold. Mantha may have more offensive potential but Horvat is no slouch and has a complete game. There are questions about Mantha's game.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I would put Horvat ahead of Mantha for the simple fact that he is a complete player and appears to better fit the CBJ mold. Mantha may have more offensive potential but Horvat is no slouch and has a complete game. There are questions about Mantha's game.

I swear every time I see Mantha's name, I think he should be fighting Godzilla in the streets of Toyko.

I'll agree with you, but we are certainly starting to split hairs here.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I don't like the idea of picking players based on end of season performance this early in the draft... Voted Pulock. Stud.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I would probably go with Horvat based on the fact that I think we might be able to snag Zykov or Mantha at 19.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
I think it would be more likely that Horvat was around at 19.

Possibly more likely than Zykov, though his ISS rankings were pretty low to begin with IIRC. However if the whispers about Mantha's personality are not pure BS I see Mantha sliding slightly.

I made my assumption about Horvat's lack of availability at 19 on the fact that some people might be hotter on him as a result of the last week or so and his stock is rising accordingly.

Actually, if truth be told, I'm greedy and I want all three of them. ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013

We covered the questions about Mantha on one of the earlier draft threads, and some of the people who would know the best argue that he's a good kid and there's no issue with him.

I also make the opposite argument to yours, Xoggz, that Horvat gives us more of what we have (not a top scorer, good all-around) and Mantha more of what we lack (6 foot 4 50 goal scorer).

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Am I the only one that likes Lazar? He really reminds me of Jeff Carter, hopefully has a better attitude though! :)

He had a near awful year (in that he was supposed to be far better) ... But, he finished strong, and has good upside. I don't know about Jeff Carter, I see more of a potential in the Ryan Kesler range.

Went with Horvat, with a close runner up being Pulock. I think a lot of you guys are high on Mantha because of the comparisons with Rick Nash ... don't be too sold on that. I think we can get him at 19 if we want him, but I think we really need to target Ryan Hartman at some point also, and "reaching" a bit at 19 to get him may not be a bad idea.

Jackets440

May 22, 2013
He had a near awful year (in that he was supposed to be far better) ... But, he finished strong, and has good upside. I don't know about Jeff Carter, I see more of a potential in the Ryan Kesler range.

Went with Horvat, with a close runner up being Pulock. I think a lot of you guys are high on Mantha because of the comparisons with Rick Nash ... don't be too sold on that. I think we can get him at 19 if we want him, but I think we really need to target Ryan Hartman at some point also, and "reaching" a bit at 19 to get him may not be a bad idea.

What do you like about Ryan Hartman? If you had to choose between him and Mantha at 19 who would you go with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad