OT: Hf Jets Shinny! River Heights? Come play!!

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I wouldn't mind joining in but the last time I tried to play hockey I ended up bent all over, with a hyperextended knee, sore back, and possibly a dislocated shoulder.

And then after all that pulling, jumping, and over stretching I finally got all the equipment on - the game was over.

m.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You guys are sure bringing back memories talking about all these old outdoor rinks I used to play on when I was 8 thru 12. I am a Roblin Park homey myself.

I can vouch for HV for historically good ice. SJF was always good also

My suggestion would be to pick a spot with multiple ice surfaces; better chance of the surface being available.

If I'm not out of Province on business or just plain busy with domestic business, I would love to watch you guys play and meet you. Haven't skated since I retired from coaching due to business commitments.

Because of it being outdoors I will be assured you will be fully clothed.... Not like you guys as I imagine some of you sitting in your basements in your underwear watching the hockey game and posting. ;)

Last edited:

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
If anybody lives in the south end of the city, we have all our rinks open at NGCC. We Zamboni the rinks multiple times a night.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
so when and where exactly is htis happening? I'm not skatin gon friday morning s anymore so i need to get my ass to the ODR this season

EDIT: i also have a goalie neighbour so i could potentially drag him along too if the turno ut will be worth it

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I live by Confusion Corner, and have goalie equipment if anyone wants me to put on the gear!

Now my personal faves:
-River Heights
-SJF
-River Osborne (only 1 rink, but its literally 30 second walk out the door for me)
-Woodhaven
-Heritage
-Bourkevale

RIP
-Old Sturgeon
-Silver Heights (some of those skates were cold though, wind blowing with no protection from the airfield)

Norwood, Champlain, and Notre Dame are less than 5 min drive from downtown in St. B. Also the river should be open by Christmas no?

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am actually thinking of put'en on the blades.

The weather isn't cooperating as it is projected around zero plus for 2 or 3 days.

Depends on cloud cover really.

If you guys organize this on a weekend, I will put on the blades and will offer up my ass as a target in play at said surface.

From Dec 19 to the 30th I am on a cruise in the Caribbean so I will be sip'n, loung'in, and reclin'n.

I wouldn't mind being humbled. So let's make this happen to adjust my cocky ass attitude. :nod:

Let's skate. :yo:

Jaffray15

Mar 12, 2008
Winnipeg
www.nhl94.com
If you guys need a goalie, I play but on spongee shoes(don't laugh, people appreciate having a goalie to shoot at). The only kicker is no slap shots on me for obvious reasons.

I'll play anywhere that isn't too far west in the city and prefer to play on the weekends. Day or evening is fine as long the weather isn't too cold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad