OT: HF Jets Lounge: We Like King Tut Because He's So Damn Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So, remember that very religious girl I mentioned? My old flame? She told me yesterday that she didn't think God wants us to be in a relationship right now.

I was gonna say that this proved that I am, in fact, NOT Milhouse. Then I realized that he's not exactly doing well with the ladies either.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
So, remember that very religious girl I mentioned? My old flame? She told me yesterday that she didn't think God wants us to be in a relationship right now.

I was gonna say that this proved that I am, in fact, NOT Milhouse. Then I realized that he's not exactly doing well with the ladies either.

:huh: She sounds like the female version of David Booth

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

I think you dodged a bullet.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Soooooo apparently I might have to watch the Pens game online tonight because CBC chose to have two series at the same dang time. Pens game is only on CHEX in which no one carries.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Oh my god that's so much gold!

A fellow student just been sued by the biggest online shopping site for clothes in Germany :laugh: www.zalando.de ... it's basically Amazon for clothes by now in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.

She worked undercover for them in their big main warehouse for RTL, biggest german channel group in german television. "Hard working environment, no breaks for hours, you have to walk up to 20 km a day" bla bla... everything you always knew about those big names like Amazon nowadays. Nothing new at all.

It's sooo funny because already in our first term in college, we've been 100% sure about her ending up at RTL :laugh: It took not even a full year after her graduation. It's hilarious for us :laugh:

http://www.rtl.de/cms/news/extra/ex...niemand-freiwillig-3a32f-bed7-18-1873756.html

It's the girl on the left. She flirted quite a bit with me during the first couple of weeks at college :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
She actually is surprisingly rational when it comes to these things. She doesn't do things just because it's in the bible, but actually think things trough, and gives valid reasons. I think it's basically just her way of saying that we shouldn't be in a long distance relationship because it would be stupid.

Oh well, you lose some you lose some.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
She worked undercover for them in their big main warehouse for RTL, biggest german channel group in german television. "Hard working environment, no breaks for hours, you have to walk up to 20 km a day" bla bla... everything you always knew about those big names like Amazon nowadays. Nothing new at all.

It's sooo funny because already in our first term in college, we've been 100% sure about her ending up at RTL :laugh: It took not even a full year after her graduation. It's hilarious for us :laugh:

http://www.rtl.de/cms/news/extra/ex...niemand-freiwillig-3a32f-bed7-18-1873756.html

It's the girl on the left. She flirted quite a bit with me during the first couple of weeks at college :laugh:

Yeah, I remember listening to an NPR thing on pickers in those warehouses. I recommend people read up on them, it's pretty crazy stuff. I actually worked as a picker for a while, but luckily I was unionized so it wasn't anything like what I hear about in other places, especially for big distributors like Amazon.

Also, wow, that's crazy that she got a job so quick. Good for her!

EDIT: I just clicked the video, and remembered quite quickly that I don't speak a word of German. :laugh: It's surprising how many words I sort of catch, though.

Last edited:

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
She actually is surprisingly rational when it comes to these things. She doesn't do things just because it's in the bible, but actually think things trough, and gives valid reasons. I think it's basically just her way of saying that we shouldn't be in a long distance relationship because it would be stupid.

Oh well, you lose some you lose some.

Oh ok. Well if she told you some other reasons, that's fine. It just sounded like that was the only reason she gave you for her decision, which would be a bit... jarring.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Oh ok. Well if she told you some other reasons, that's fine. It just sounded like that was the only reason she gave you for her decision, which would be a bit... jarring.

:laugh:

Yeah, I would have been pretty pissed if that had been her main or only reason. Mostly because it would have been the cop out of the century. "Well, I like you and all, and I want to date you, buuuut... God doesn't want me to. Bye!"

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
:laugh:

Yeah, I would have been pretty pissed if that had been her main argument. Mostly because it would have been the cop out of the century. "Well, I like you and all, and I want to date you, buuuut... God doesn't want me to. Bye!"

"I have my reasons for not wanting to date you, but I'm not telling you what they are." :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
We'll see what happens next. I may actually go to DC (where she lives) for my next 9 months after I'm done au pairing here, just to see if something is there to pursue afterward.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
A message to Ultimate Warrior's fans from his wife Dana A. Warrior.

To all the ULTIMATE WARRIOR fans: THANK YOU!! He told me when he shook the ropes it was him gathering strength from each of you. Warrior respected you and loved you as do the girls and I. I will reach out to the ropes for your strength to sustain me in the sad days that the girls and I face. UNWAVERING is what you’ve been. GRATEFUL is what we are.

More at this link.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/ultimate-warriors-wife-praises-wwe-help-thanks-fans/

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
*snorts then exhales sharply*

There was a great clip on Youtube taken from that destruction of the Ultimate Warrior video where they show clips of his past promos and Jericho and Christian laugh and explain what's going on :laugh: he was for sure a lunatic when he started doing those promos but dammit if they weren't cool as hell. Something a kid could get behind cause it was so childlike in his imagination.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I'm emailing the Minister of Education and complaining about Manitoba Student Aid. I handed in my discretionary funding required documents at the beginning of April. The right area just got it on the 10th and my practicum starts in under a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad