OT: HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Just wanted to tell you guys that it's -20 and no wind here.

I can't quite tell if you're rubbing it in or not - that's ALMOST balmy :sarcasm: compared to what today's going to be like in Winnipeg:

winnipeg_cold.png

Of course, only people in Northern lattitudes would attempt to make each other envious of weather in the -20 to -30C range. :D

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I can't quite tell if you're rubbing it in or not - that's ALMOST balmy :sarcasm: compared to what today's going to be like in Winnipeg:

winnipeg_cold.png

Of course, only people in Northern lattitudes would attempt to make each other envious of weather in the -20 to -30C range. :D

Boy, I would hate to have their problem with weather. >_>

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

winnipeg_cold.png

Rubbing it in!:laugh:

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
At yesterdays Obama inauguration, everyone that planned on attending was told to bundle up.

The temp was supposed to be +8C

I don't even wear a heavy coat at that temperature!!! But in fairness, quite a few people at the inauguration could be from places like Western Mississippi (Yes, there are Democrats there) and would feel like they were dying at those temps.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I don't even wear a heavy coat at that temperature!!! But in fairness, quite a few people at the inauguration could be from places like Western Mississippi (Yes, there are Democrats there) and would feel like they were dying at those temps.

I understand that everyone has different temperatures they are accustomed too.

-30 feels cold here at first, but when it stays for a week you adjust and it doesnt feel so bad.

That could also be the hypothermia setting in haha

but man, you feel the urge to wear shorts when it warms up to -20 :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
At yesterdays Obama inauguration, everyone that planned on attending was told to bundle up.

The temp was supposed to be +8C

Well, to be fair, I complained about +8°C being cold not too long ago...

When I landed in Stockholm in the beggining of September and had been in USA all summer.:shakehead

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Didn't know where else to ask this, so figured I would ask here (sorry if it has been covered already).
I was going to sign up for the Jets channel, however I was wondering if I sign up for Centre Ice for $50, will I still get all the Jets games as well? $20 extra for that much more hockey seems too good to be true.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Didn't know where else to ask this, so figured I would ask here (sorry if it has been covered already).
I was going to sign up for the Jets channel, however I was wondering if I sign up for Centre Ice for $50, will I still get all the Jets games as well? $20 extra for that much more hockey seems too good to be true.

Center Ice blacks out Jets games in our market so youd have to get Center ice + TSN Jets

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

-30 feels cold here at first, but when it stays for a week you adjust and it doesnt feel so bad.

A long time ago wheni was working offshore I had a long arguement with a older English guy who claimed that it was much "colder" in NE England because is was also damp and "that gets into your bones".
I finally ended the arguement by asking him what emergency supplies he kept in his car during the winter to keep him from freezing to death if he has car problems.

Diatidialga

Sep 13, 2011
Winnipeg

Then in the summer we can't go outside because it feels like +40 with the humidity

Puckschmuck*

Then in the summer we can't go outside because it feels like +40 with the humidity

I can; I thrive in hot hot hot weather. It's why I eventually want to live in a warmer climate when I get the chance.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Hey all. I just got cable in my apartment in Grand Forks, North Dakota. So I was looking over my channel listing that I get, and I got "CBWT CBC Winnipeg Manitoba". I don't know anything about the channel at all and haven't really tried it out but I don't suppose there is any hockey on there ever, eh?

Just wanted to ask. Thanks guys!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hey all. I just got cable in my apartment in Grand Forks, North Dakota. So I was looking over my channel listing that I get, and I got "CBWT CBC Winnipeg Manitoba". I don't know anything about the channel at all and haven't really tried it out but I don't suppose there is any hockey on there ever, eh?

I feel like we are getting punked :)

Just watch it on Saturdays

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

It's CBC, so you get some crap Canadian programming and Hockey Night in Canada every Saturday.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
either Buff or Pavs is getting traded to Edmonton by the looks of that jersey they have on the ice for the opening ceremonies :)

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I feel like we are getting punked :)

Just watch it on Saturdays

Nope, I honestly did not know.

It's CBC, so you get some crap Canadian programming and Hockey Night in Canada every Saturday.

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out.

Good luck this season guys. My girlfriend is a big Jets fan. She's from Roseau, Minnesota, and her dad is acquaintances with Buff. She doesn't get to watch 'em much, but its the only team that she can name more than a handful of players, so it's something. We've got a big Wild flag and a big Jets poster facing each other in our living room. It's fun :)

Good luck this year.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Good luck this season guys. My girlfriend is a big Jets fan. She's from Roseau, Minnesota, and her dad is acquaintances with Buff. She doesn't get to watch 'em much, but its the only team that she can name more than a handful of players, so it's something. We've got a big Wild flag and a big Jets poster facing each other in our living room. It's fun :)

Good luck this year.

Nice! Well you are welcome to stop by whenever.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I finally ended the arguement by asking him what emergency supplies he kept in his car during the winter to keep him from freezing to death if he has car problems.

Twenty minutes out in a wet cold unprepared: you get chilled for days.

Twenty minutes out in a dry cold unprepared: you die.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Good luck this year.

We need to get re-aligned so we can have the best rivalry in thenhl

I hate you all already

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Good luck this year.

You'll be able to catch the Jets on CBC on:

Saturday Feb 9 @ 1pm vs. Ottawa
Friday Feb 15 @ 6pm vs. Pittsburgh
Saturday Mar 2 @ 2pm vs. Washington
Saturday Mar 16 @ 6pm vs. Toronto
Friday Mar 22 @ 6pm vs. Washington
Saturday Apr 6 @ 2pm vs. Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events