Speculation: HF Hawks fan pulse: Fire JC?

Fire JC

• Total voters

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I don't think it makes sense to fire JC unless there is someone demonstrably better out there to replace him. In the offseason that guy might be Laviolette.

For those who long for guys like Lavi, Q or Crawford, their success is tied to one or more of the following things happening. A current roster player or two have a career year. Significantly better players are added to the roster. A change in goaltending with goalie having an outlier year.

One of the few guys that made it work without those elements is Daryl Sutter.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
For those who long for guys like Lavi, Q or Crawford, their success is tied to one or more of the following things happening. A current roster player or two have a career year. Significantly better players are added to the roster. A change in goaltending with goalie having an outlier year.

One of the few guys that made it work without those elements is Daryl Sutter.
And Mike Keenan. He had his own way of motivating that I'm sure it wouldn't be politically correct these days. He's reportedly mellowed but I'd love Hawks to hire him as an assistant. :) Queue the critics.

Last edited:

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I don't see any way JC keeps his job this off-season. That said, it's absolutely pointless to fire him mid-season.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Didn't read sorry but if we are gonna fire someone it should be Bowman.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad