Speculation: HF Hawks fan pulse: Fire JC?

Fire JC

• Total voters

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There are so many threads in the last two days... :laugh:

I'm not on the fire JC train, yet. I'm starting to lean that way, only because it seems like this team has no desire to play for him, but I'm still not fully in support of it. And if he were to be fired, it would 100% be unfair to him, but probably necessary, at that point.

Should probably be an "Undecided" poll option KBS.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There are so many threads in the last two days... :laugh:

I'm not on the fire JC train, yet. I'm starting to lean that way, only because it seems like this team has no desire to play for him, but I'm still not fully in support of it. And if he were to be fired, it would 100% be unfair to him, but probably necessary, at that point.

Should probably be an "Undecided" poll option KBS.
Done.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Honestly, I'm kind of indifferent at this point, so I guess I'll go undecided. If they fired him today, I would understand. On the other hand he's had 1 full year, so I get why they wouldn't.

I think if the team continues to no show he will get canned though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There should be a thread discussing why we are discussing threads that are similar threads to other threads that are being discussed in multiple other threads and not in the original threads instead.
tumblr_pttq5z9MGZ1xkok61o1_500.gifv

Reactions: d rake

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t see a consensus on this until the offseason.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Remember 2012 when the Hawks were on that 9 game losing streak and the rumor mill was that the Hawks were close to making a coaching change...Might be a replay of that situation if we see a long losing streak. Last year JC got the opportunity to dig out of the 3-17 hole, that won't happen again

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
JC's going to be here the entire year unless Toews, Kane, Seabrook, and Keith order the code red.

source.gif

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
There could be a plurality of issues behind the scenes that aren't even JC's fault. But, at the end of the day I'm of the mind that even teams with all sorts of BS behind the scenes have been in shape on the ice.

Some things mentioned, IMO, don't add up. The team has a pretty solid history of health/conditioning so even though there might be some low hangin' fruit I don't think too many of the guys are out of proper hockey shape.

There could be a trickle down effect where the talent is being prima donna's over off ice decisions/JC thus many players are tuning out while the grit and a kid or two still play well because they're used to playing under adversity and/or still have something to prove. In that case you certainly can blame the players but it's not like you could just trade all the guys away.

As for "systems' and "not having transition" etc NHL right now is as clutch/grab + work ethic than it has been since before the early 00's lockout. It's always a tough league but right now teams need to bust their ass hard no matter the talent level. Is JC the right guy to get that out of his players?

When JC was put in place I joked that "we still need a cardboard cut out of Q behind the bench" just thinking that there's a good chance he might not be able to command the situation with the same unspoken authority. Sure, it's a tired cliche but cliches exist for a reason.

Given the body of work over a year I'd say he probably isn't the right head coach for this team regardless of the good nuggets you could pull from his tenure.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am in the fire camp, but not because I necessarily think Colliton has done a horrible job. I just don't think this relationship is ever going to work as long as the veterans are here, so there's no reason to keep forcing it and watching this team suffer.

Unfortunately, firing the coach is much easier than moving out some of the pieces that may be the problems. Or who know, maybe Colliton actually is the problem.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I think that Colliton will be a great coach one day. However, I don't think the Hawks can afford the patience needed for him to reach that level

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Fire him, see if this core has anything left in it when let off Colliton’s leash and be ready to blow it up if they continue to be terrible.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Fire him, see if this core has anything left in it when let off Colliton’s leash and be ready to blow it up if they continue to be terrible.

I wouldn't be opposed to this actually. We go only as far as the core can take us (until their contracts come off) so making the most of them is most important (obviously next to nurturing our kids).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I am in the fire camp, but not because I necessarily think Colliton has done a horrible job. I just don't think this relationship is ever going to work as long as the veterans are here, so there's no reason to keep forcing it and watching this team suffer.

Unfortunately, firing the coach is much easier than moving out some of the pieces that may be the problems. Or who know, maybe Colliton actually is the problem.

I'm holding out a sliver of hope still, but I think this is ultimately where I end up as well.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

I'm actually in this camp. The kids are coming along very nicely(including Strome/Cat) and the vets are being weird and deciding to take games off from time to time.

Hopefully tonight was a step in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad