OT: HF Habs Board Poster Hall Of Fame Induction Class (Class of 2014)

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
First of all, even getting mentioned in the same breath as some of the true greats around here is an honour. I'll come back more often just for you, overlords. ;)

Three is incredibly hard and leaves off a ton of quality posters, but I'll go with I voted for last year in my top 10 that didn't get in:

1) Habsfan18
An absolute class act in every way. Intelligent, kind, level-headed.

2) Andy
The above plus we agree on everything all the time. Gomez blood brothers to the end. :P

3) Turtleneck Plek
Complete rapping beauty.

HM: Jack Bourdain (loveable fool), Moen in Glory (une legende), LyricalLyricist (flat-out fun to login and see he's posted, almost always click to see what he said). Just to name 3 others. I could go on and paste 50 other very deserving names here. Wish I could vote for more.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Also, wheres the guy with the bear in his avatar who came in during the middle of the season ? The guy we rhymed with for a whole freaking night me and Prim ??? This guy deserves the calder.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I read bacon of knowledge on my phone. If that are the case I would've changed my vote despite not knowing what bacon of knowledge even implies.

Bacon makes everything taste better, even knowledge.

I'll have the bacon-wrapped-knowledge with a side anecdote. And for a beverage, how about a Smartini.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
LafleursGuy: Great writer, always-intelligent analysis, and his mock dialogue between him and his wife about an HF meetup was the funniest thing I've ever read on this board.

HalifaxHab: We agree a lot, which means he often saves me the trouble of posting. He gives great debate and remains (mostly) civil, sometimes against insurmountable odds.

LyricalLyricist: An ocean of calm, even in the international waters of the main board. Dude knows how to make a point without pissing anyone off. Neat trick.

Kriss: I never agree with this guy and he needs to lighten up. But credit where it's due -- he's a solid writer who never shortchanges anyone with his responses. Despite our differences, he knows hockey and makes some very good arguments.

Always read:

Whitesnake
Andy
PricePkPatch

There's more... I'll add names as the lightbulb goes on...

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
lyricallyricist
not an hardheaded argumentative *******. also, smart and reasonable

agnostic
is a hardheaded argumentative *******. also, smart and sense of humour

southern hab
nothing he says ever makes sense, but it's entertaining as hell. also, character and fighting

I wish to change my vote!

LL
Agnostic
Ice poutine

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oustanding.

The Master giveth and The Master taketh away.;):D

Analyzer*

This Lyle odelein guy that only posts about 30 times a year is a beacon of knowledge. Is he still around?

The one from Renfrew ? I think there's 2 Lyle Odelein's oddly enough. I think he has important stuff to do. Not like there's anything important in this town, but maybe he's broken the curse of the interwebs.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
The one from Renfrew ? I think there's 2 Lyle Odelein's oddly enough. I think he has important stuff to do. Not like there's anything important in this town, but maybe he's broken the curse of the interwebs.

honestly couldn't say. the one that never posts, basically...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The whole idea of a HOF is kind of fun. Get in or not, it's still cool to read that people enjoy (or at least tolerate) what you're posting. And reading the comments from the following posters (all of who's posts I really respect/enjoy) is good enough for me.

I probably won't be around that much over the next week or so and I figure I should post some votes/thoughts here now before the deadline.
-Lafleurs Guy (too cool for school, accurately predicted we needed to tank in 2012 and 2013 (we didn't in 2013), for the most part I'd hire him as my assistant GM)
Thanks man. I enjoy your posts as well. If I ever land that elusive Assistant GM job, you're first in line for a cushy job with the Habs. :laugh:
LafleursGuy - I'm surprised he's not already on the list. A definitive HFHabs poster.
Definitive HFHabs poster... I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
3. Lafleur's Guy: One of the most honest posters here. Steadfast in his views and extremely articulate. I find myself agreeing with him a lot. When I don't agree with him, I find he argues his position well. I love it when he breaks down posts as well as his enthusiasm and engagement with other posters. No matter how hard-headed he can be, you cannot fault him for not taking what you said into account; he LITERALLY takes the time to respond to every point. Surprised he wasn't there the first time around. Kind of insulting that he wasn't.
Andy you the man, place wouldn't be the same without you.
Lafleur's Guy: Used to disagree with him before 11/12, now I agree with his opinion a lot. Not sure who changed.
The team changed. :)
2- Lafleurs Guy (I think Andy's description is close to perfection...(except the "Agree with him a lot" part....;))
We agree more than you think. ;)
LafleursGuy
Thank you sir.
LafleursGuy - LG, you've always been one of my all time favorite posters. Plus you have my favorite user name ;) The Habs board wouldn't be the same without you.
Right back at you man.
LafleursGuy: Great writer, always-intelligent analysis, and his mock dialogue between him and his wife about an HF meetup was the funniest thing I've ever read on this board.
Okay, just for that... I'll overlook the whole steroid thing and throw you a vote.

Seriously, it's impossible to vote for all the guys I'd really like to vote for and think are worthy... 'cause so many are. I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and would've posted earlier but I really can't make up my mind. My decision has flip flopped all over the place... Anyway, since we only have three slots we can vote for here are three very worthy selections:

LShap. Voted for him last time around and I'll do it again. Funny, insightful posts and well respected not only in the Hab forum but around the league as well. Not nearly enough recognition for him in this thread as far as I'm concerned.

The real reason I'm voting for him though is because he's old enough to be my dad.

Talks to Goalposts He doesn't post often but when he does it carries weight. I always find myself looking for his opinions on all things Advanced Stats and he's really the guy who ultimately convinced me of their real value. Other posters may make me laugh more but I always look to see what this guy has to say about something when any player winds up being discussed.

Millertime: Strong consistent poster.

Others who's posts I enjoy and many who I'd vote for on any given day: Andy, Bourne Endevour, Et le But, Mathman (who I've disagreed with many times but is always respectful) DA Champion, Whatsatheo, MrB1P, Redux, Coldplay, BSL... and many others. And one guy I would've definitely voted for if he posted more often is WG. There's tons more here as well that I haven't mentioned as well. One thing about doing these votes in the summer, sometimes some posters might slip your mind. Anyways, its a great forum.

We've got tons of great posters on this site. It's no wonder I waste so much time here. :laugh:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Who broke the story first on our Forum regarding PK signing?

Automatic induction into the HOF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad