HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Voting, Round 3

Who would win? (select one for each matchup)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
As an Oiler fan, I didn't like the peak Canucks but I hated the peak Kings.
100%

They were so annoying to play against, so boring and a shit load of borderline holding/interference all game. Sutter was a master at stretching the rules defensively and Lombardi built him the perfect roster to do it. Plus Brown and Doughty have punchable faces.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
coleman
> 32p in 66 games
> ranked 29 leaguewide in time spent against elite players
> wins possession battles
> perfect fit for F3

kessel
> 38p in 70 games
> ranked 390 leaguewide in time spent against elite players
> never wins possession battles
> corpse

voters
> kessel is 1st liner
> coleman is 3rd liner

Reactions: m0pe

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I honestly really like panda, I find all his stats fascinating, If I ever needed an analytics guy to work for me, he would probably be the first person I would call.

That being said, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel when he explains things they seem to feel very aggressive.

Honestly it’s probably just my imagination, I’m surprised you have not started some sort of videos to do with all your fancy stats, I’m sure people would love it.

Similar to this guy.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think the advanced stat movement took so long because the people at the forefront were so aggressive and confrontational about it, but that was vs the stubbornness of the true traditionals.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I honestly really like panda, I find all his stats fascinating, If I ever needed an analytics guy to work for me, he would probably be the first person I would call.

That being said, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel when he explains things they seem to feel very aggressive.

Honestly it’s probably just my imagination, I’m surprised you have not started some sort of videos to do with all your fancy stats, I’m sure people would love it.

Similar to this guy.

That guy has excellent scouting reports, I always lol at him looking and sounding like a Big Bang Theory extra though.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
and what's the point of doing your charts if such a massive discrepancy in scores means so little to you

it's not like I have players in the wrong spots

either they're worthwhile to you, which means that you can't justify choosing Detroit over Pittsburgh since the margin is so clear, or they're not

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
and what's the point of doing your charts if such a massive discrepancy in scores means so little to you

it's not like I have players in the wrong spots

It's a bit of a shame that we shifted to the brackets at the same time I made those.

They're great for trying to project regular season standings. They're garbage for individual games, matchups, playoffs, etc.

Would've been good for the divisional voting.

I don't put much stock in comparing the two directly.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
One more vote won't change any match-ups so I'll give it another hour and two and then call it.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
When people say Detroit is lower in their rankings but "matches up" better against Pittsburgh what do they mean? Honestly curious.

I like that Detroit team, but feels like a pretty big upset in this round.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
When people say Detroit is lower in their rankings but "matches up" better against Pittsburgh what do they mean? Honestly curious.

I like that Detroit team, but feels like a pretty big upset in this round.
it means "i am biased against panda but am not aware of that fact"

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 21.06.24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad