Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Vancouver

MacKinnon
Monahan
Doughty

This is Canada's team right here. Even if you're not a Canadian you know this is a Olympic squad championship lineup. You got scoring speed and toughness
Hey don’t tell people about my master plan

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Aw man just looked at Panda's Pens roster and shed a tear from the brilliance.

If he keeps that up, impossible for anyone to beat him.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Panda is good at picking good support/role/defensive players, everyone always says his top end firepower isn't good enough so I fully expect his McDavid team to be one of the best teams, if not the best.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Aw man just looked at Panda's Pens roster and shed a tear from the brilliance.

If he keeps that up, impossible for anyone to beat him.
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.
He literally just picked one chemistry pick, and a defender who’s coming off a terrible year, and two bad years out of three.

I think he could’ve picked better defenders in that spot.

His first line though is beautiful.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
He literally just picked one chemistry pick, and a defender who’s coming off a terrible year, and two bad years out of three.

I think you're underselling Giordano a ton. Giordano may be the only Flames D who shows up every night.

Reactions: Nucker101

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I think you're underselling Giordano a ton. Giordano may be the only Flames D who shows up every night.
Go on Calgary puck.
The amount of hate he gets every single night is hilarious.
And that’s people who religiously watch their players, massive homers.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Gio is just one year removed from a Norris, I agree that his play wasn't as great this year but picking a dude who won the Norris 12 months ago is perfectly fine.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Gio is just one year removed from a Norris, I agree that his play wasn't as great this year but picking a dude who won the Norris 12 months ago is perfectly fine.
I’m just saying he’s coming off two out of three bad years, Honestly that Calgary team last year was absolutely ridiculous offensively, Literally everything on that team clicked.
Was weird

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Giordano this season to me was probably equivalent to some players available right now but coming off a Norris season is huge for voting.

Guentzel-McDavid will probably be the best duo in this draft.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Giordano this season to me was probably equivalent to some players available right now but coming off a Norris season is huge for voting.

Guentzel-McDavid will probably be the best duo in this draft.
No doubt, the 1st line is near perfect.
Getting full value from jake

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Giordano at 5v5: 41 GF, 35 GA, +6

Well that's good to me considering his minutes...

Shooting percentage: 3.2%, career average is 7%

So was he just snakebitten all year or actually taking less quality shots? Good question.

If he was really bad defensively this year, he wouldn't be a positive player considering the offense wasn't as prevalent.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Giordano at 5v5: 41 GF, 35 GA, +6

Well that's good to me considering his minutes...

Shooting percentage: 3.2%, career average is 7%

So was he just snakebitten all year or actually taking less quality shots? Good question.

If he was really bad defensively this year, he wouldn't be a positive player considering the offense wasn't as prevalent.
Any way to track his turnovers?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Connor, Gio, and Guentzel were my top 3 targets for my 2nd round pick. Was hoping one would fall to my 3rd, but obviously that didn't happen.

There honestly are maybe 3 defenders (Hedman, Josi, Pietrangelo) who don't have any question marks to their game right now. Everyone else taken so far can face some valid criticism (not enough offense, questionable defense, used to be elite but not quite anymore) but I don't think a non-#1 defender has been taken yet. Some are not the elite, high-end #1s that are sought out, but in a 32-team game it's just not feasible for everyone to have those.

Getting McDavid, a 40G PPG winger, AND a recently Norris-winning #1 D is a huge heist and it's absolutely the kind of core that can go on to win a Cup.

I'd personally argue I have the same thing ( :D ) with Draisaitl, Connor, and Burns and I'm sure a few other teams can as well, though.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Any way to track his turnovers?
there's sites out there that track how good every dman is at exiting his own zone with breakout passes or carrying the puck, and they track "fails" too which includes turnovers.

We're long past Corsi son, that shit got left behind years ago.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Interesting, I guess I was just under valuing him, thanks for all the insight

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
51 giveaways, which is only 6th on the team behind Tkachuk, Brodie, Gaudreau, Hanifin, Backlund

He had 65 last year which tells you that stat doesn't always help evaluate.
that stat is a joke because every arena has a different stat keeper who judges them how they see fit, and some of them are homers, and some are totally unbiased.

Turnovers, takeaways, giveaways, etc should never be used.

Even hit totals can be inflated or deflated depending on how the players home town scorekeeper hands them out. Some go by the NHL definition, others just see someone fall or the boards make a noise and call it a "hit"

It's ridiculously inconsistent. If you want to at least reduce bias, I'd only use every player's road #'s.

Reactions: LatvianTwist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad