HF GM Games Fantasy Mock Draft #3 - Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Damn we are up to the other Qatar twin

Which one of you Western folk wants my list since I am up next but may not be up for a few hours...

Yeah we have hit that Qatar wall again lol. Too bad since this is the time when we're all most active

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
f*** EHM for not being Mac-compatible

I just bought FHM 6 and will be running a sim of that

Do note it will take a good chunk of time after the draft concludes

Exquisite

Feb 9, 2016
if anyone drafts players based off of EHM scores to get a favourable sim

i will shower you with kindness because you are special

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I'm an old man now, I wish I could go back and tell my younger self the things I should've done.

Let me die in peace.
Amen lmao
The little battles we and others had, Shit is self embarrassing:facepalm: looking back

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
does FHM still suck? I remember its interface being atrocious and the way it evaluated players (e.g. shooting distance) being even worse.

EHM was good shit

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Never played EHM in my life

I only liked playing multi player games as a kid lol

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
does FHM still suck? I remember its interface being atrocious and the way it evaluated players (e.g. shooting distance) being even worse.

EHM was good shit

I loved EHM. Truly a perfect concept for the game, although it did have a fair amount of bugs and my point totals were always way too low. Too much parity and defense.

Reviews of FHM seem mixed but it seems to have grown in the last couple of years and is certainly competitive with EHM.

I'm a bit hesitant to drop 40 bucks on it but I am sure I'll get my money's worth. Will report back after a few sims or so, but I'm not gonna buy it 'til I finish a work presentation for tomorrow.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
No one cares about Petey

No offense Joey but as an Oilers fan, is this really the hill that you want to die on?

outside of a Cinderella-run in 2006, and a few minor playoff upsets during the late 90’s, almost no one cared about the Oilers post 1992 and were largely irrelevant to the sport of hockey until they stumbled upon McDavid (23 years later) due to years of abject failure. Even with McDavid and so many lottery picks during their numerous failed attempts at rebuilding, the Oilers have only managed to win one playoff series during the McDavid era (although in your defense, that will likely change very soon).

Even beyond hockey, no one cares about the city of Edmonton outside of Western Canada. When people think about Canada, they think about Toronto, with Vancouver and Montreal riding shotgun. That’s it.

Maybe I’m at fault for thinking this, but I think respect towards players of another team and another city goes a long way.

If Elias Pettersson was a member of the Edmonton Oilers, would you still have made those disrespectful comments towards one of the brightest young stars in the NHL?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
No offense Joey but as an Oilers fan, is this really the hill that you want to die on?

outside of a Cinderella-run in 2006, and a few minor playoff upsets during the late 90’s, almost no one cared about the Oilers post 1992 and were largely irrelevant to the sport of hockey until they stumbled upon McDavid (23 years later) due to years of abject failure. Even with McDavid and so many lottery picks during their numerous failed attempts at rebuilding, the Oilers have only managed to win one playoff series during the McDavid era (although in your defense, that will likely change very soon).

Even beyond hockey, no one cares about the city of Edmonton outside of Western Canada. When people think about Canada, they think about Toronto, with Vancouver and Montreal riding shotgun. That’s it.

Maybe I’m at fault for thinking this, but I think respect towards players of another team and another city goes a long way.

If Elias Pettersson was a member of the Edmonton Oilers, would you still have made those disrespectful comments towards one of the brightest young stars in the NHL?
Fantastic post Hindu

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

T'was a joke, I think

When we have ridiculous posts in here like people claiming Pettersson should be winning the Hart, you're gonna get some opposite-sided hot takes as well

Also I certainly don't think of the Canucks when I think of Canada

It's Leafs and a bit of Habs and that's it

'Nucks were also irrelevant for many years, every team is at some point

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Fantastic post Hindu

Taking a classless pot shot at Elias Pettersson is just so petty. It disappoints me to see this side of Joey because up until that post, I had nothing but the highest regard for him on running such organized and efficient drafts. Very disappointing stuff.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I heard Pettersson once kicked a soccer ball at a child in a pick-up soccer game

Pettersson sux

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Embarrassing

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
T'was a joke, I think

When we have ridiculous posts in here like people claiming Pettersson should be winning the Hart, you're gonna get some opposite-sided hot takes as well

Also I certainly don't think of the Canucks when I think of Canada

It's Leafs and a bit of Habs and that's it

'Nucks were also irrelevant for many years, every team is at some point

Fair enough LT.

I was just a little taken aback by the comments. I’ll admit that I didn’t read the comments before that and so I didn’t fully understand the context. And yes - the Canucks sucked a big fat one during the 80’s, no question about it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad