pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
this is a dynasty/keeper league since its inception. we should still have almost full rosters.

We have our fixed number of keepers, yes. But not every manager might want to return to run their team. If they don't, we'll open it up to new managers to take over their team.

We actually had to contract last year if you remember because we couldn't get two managers back in time. I took over from the previous commissioner around that time.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I am going to organize between the two threads and pms I have received:

Team nameUser nameReturning
Orange CrushPitReturning
Adeptus Astartes@Mkoll Returning
Defect@DefectReturning
DrinkFightFlyers@DrinkFightFlyers Returning
Insulin@Insulin Returning
Rasky Bryzness
SnS Last Place@SnS Returning
Stonehands@StoneHands
Superfriendsnon-HF Flyers fanReturning
Tung Padevat
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Owner response needed
DrinkFightFlyers , StoneHands - Are you continuing this year?

Owners unknown
I'm not sure who owns Rasky Bryzness or Tung Padevat. I'll message them through Yahoo.

Wait list
@denominator (from last season)
@hatcher (from last season)
@mdm815
@GoneFullHextall
@tymed (if there's money, which there isn't, so no further interest?)

Keepers
Currently we have 20 keepers and 10 teams. Depending on desire, we could look to add back two teams by reducing our keepers to, say, 16 and having an expansion draft. I think this would be possible by assigning all keepers and just leaving those two teams with picks. Is there any interest in that from returning managers if it is feasible? I'd want at least 5 yes from returnees or players taking over existing teams to proceed.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I am going to organize between the two threads and pms I have received:

Team nameUser nameReturning
Orange CrushPitReturning
Adeptus Astartes@Mkoll Returning
Defect@DefectReturning
DrinkFightFlyers@DrinkFightFlyers
Insulin@Insulin Returning
Rasky Bryzness
SnS Last Place@SnS Returning
Stonehands@StoneHands
Superfriendsnon-HF Flyers fanReturning
Tung Padevat
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Owner response needed
DrinkFightFlyers , StoneHands - Are you continuing this year?

Owners unknown
I'm not sure who owns Rasky Bryzness or Tung Padevat. I'll message them through Yahoo.

Wait list
@denominator (from last season)
@hatcher (from last season)
@mdm815
@GoneFullHextall
@tymed (if there's money, which there isn't, so no further interest?)

Keepers
Currently we have 20 keepers and 10 teams. Depending on desire, we could look to add back two teams by reducing our keepers to, say, 16 and having an expansion draft. I think this would be possible by assigning all keepers and just leaving those two teams with picks. Is there any interest in that from returning managers if it is feasible? I'd want at least 5 yes from returnees or players taking over existing teams to proceed.
What about in the case of injuries, retirement, or no longer in the nhl(aka KHL)? Would a pick in that scenario be granted in exchange for the non player?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
What about in the case of injuries, retirement, or no longer in the nhl(aka KHL)? Would a pick in that scenario be granted in exchange for the non player?

If I understand the question right, if you choose to keep a player that isn't playing for whatever reason, then that is just a wasted keeper. You keep the 20 players you want on your roster in the coming season. Our rosters are 30ish players so you're not keeping everyone.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
If I understand the question right, if you choose to keep a player that isn't playing for whatever reason, then that is just a wasted keeper. You keep the 20 players you want on your roster in the coming season. Our rosters are 30ish players so you're not keeping everyone.
I thought all teams were keeping all players, and having two new teams act as expansion teams. I must have misread.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I thought all teams were keeping all players, and having two new teams act as expansion teams. I must have misread.

My suggestion is that instead of keeping our normal 20 we would instead keep 16. The two new teams would then get 16 picks from the available players in the draft (in order to match our 16 keepers) and then the draft would begin in full.

I have to see if that mechanically will work in Yahoo, but I expect that it will.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
My suggestion is that instead of keeping our normal 20 we would instead keep 16. The two new teams would then get 16 picks from the available players in the draft (in order to match our 16 keepers) and then the draft would begin in full.

I have to see if that mechanically will work in Yahoo, but I expect that it will.
So we keep 16 instead of 20. Two expansion teams draft from them and then we fill out the rest of our rosters in a draft or play with a shortened bench?
I’m assuming the former, if so, you have a yes from me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad