Fantasy Sports: HF Flyers Yahoo Keeper league. Season 2

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Aww bummer I won't be able to be at the draft. I'll be at the Rutgers game watching them get destroyed, sadly.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I'm angling to be at the draft, but it's during Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. All depends what time my wife's family is eating dinner. I don't think they'll appreciate me playing on the phone during dinner.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
that sounds like a poor use of your time :)

you could draft from your phone.

Yeah I could, and I might be able to for the first round or two depending on the timing. Once the game starts though, I'm not drafting in a (what I beto be at this point) sold out stadium.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm angling to be at the draft, but it's during Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. All depends what time my wife's family is eating dinner. I don't think they'll appreciate me playing on the phone during dinner.

start taking picture of the family with the phone...you can claim you are just "adjusting/cropping" the pictures when its your turn to draft. That may explain why you're looking at it :)

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
start taking picture of the family with the phone...you can claim you are just "adjusting/cropping" the pictures when its your turn to draft. That may explain why you're looking at it :)

My wife is smarter than that. :)

When it says up to 20 keepers, does that mean if we don't select 20 keepers we get more picks early in the draft?

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
My wife is smarter than that. :)

When it says up to 20 keepers, does that mean if we don't select 20 keepers we get more picks early in the draft?

Yes, but these rosters are really big. The best players you could draft will probably be the ones you don't keep :)

But yeah, if you wanted to drop less, I don't have a problem with it...that just opens up the FA pool more for everyone else.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Yes, but these rosters are really big. The best players you could draft will probably be the ones you don't keep :)

But yeah, if you wanted to drop less, I don't have a problem with it...that just opens up the FA pool more for everyone else.

Technically wouldn't that just give that person an extra pick at the end of the draft rather than picking earlier in the draft? If a person only keeps 18 keepers and everyone else picks all 20, that person doesn't get to pick twice before everyone else drafts will they?

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Technically wouldn't that just give that person an extra pick at the end of the draft rather than picking earlier in the draft? If a person only keeps 18 keepers and everyone else picks all 20, that person doesn't get to pick twice before everyone else drafts will they?

no, you are correct. The extra picks go at the end.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
1.5 hours left to send me your keeper list, or im picking. Ill try to be fair, but its better you send them to me.

(only the two teams Ive already messaged, everyone else is fine)

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
the draft royally f'd up. fixing tonight and will try again at 8...if nothing else, we'll reschedule for another day
teams keeping less than 20 get their extra picks in the beginning, not the end. Which is only slightly unfair :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad