HF Fantasy Draft Talk Pt2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
43 assists in 2018-19 sounds pretty good to me.

But he'll be playing with Ehlers so it's not going to matter all that much anyway.
A lot of those assists were off of him giving the puck to Meier and Meier doing all the work. Yes you’re right Ehlers is a great winger for Couture. Problem is you don’t have a playmaker on the first line with Matthews being the best. Now Matthews has to take up that role when he is obviously best as a scorer/sniper type. Buchnevich also isn’t a playmaker. Your best bet is that Debrusk becomes a Ryane Clowe type player.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
A lot of those assists were off of him giving the puck to Meier and Meier doing all the work. Yes you’re right Ehlers is a great winger for Couture. Problem is you don’t have a playmaker on the first line with Matthews being the best. Now Matthews has to take up that role when he is obviously best as a scorer/sniper type. Buchnevich also isn’t a playmaker. Your best bet is that Debrusk becomes a Ryane Clowe type player.

Honestly, while it's ideal to have a Marner/Nylander type who are elite passers, Matthews still was himself in 2018-19 while being stuck with a mix of Marleau/Johnsson/Kapanen majority of the time. He will generate no matter who he is with, and DeBrusk/Buch would be more than fine.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I didn't know all of DeBrusk, Matthews and Buchnevich never learned how to pass the puck.
I can pass a puck. That’s not the issue. The issue is they are being played in roles that don’t highlight their strengths. Not saying Matthews especially won’t be good.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Buchnevich had 30 assists this year compared to 16 goals. He's an adept finisher, but even in junior, he's always been known as a dynamic offensive talent with great playmaking abilities. Here is a quick scouting report on Buchnevich as a prospect:

Buchnevich has excellent speed with a very good set of hands. A very interesting prospect with an impressive ceiling, he is small but makes things happen with his speed and skills. Buchnevich can take needless penalties though at inopportune moments and needs to be more responsible defensively to be successful in North America. A very good playmaker with excellent vision, Buchnevich has the potential to be a first line player in the NHL.

Reactions: Panda Bear

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:vegas
Andrew Mangiapane - John Tavares - Sam Reinhart
Artemi Panarin - Paul Stastny - Conor Garland
JT Compher - Carl Soderberg - Marcus Foligno
xxx
- xxx - xxx

Mattias Ekholm - Jeff Petry
Adam Pelech - Adam Boqvist
xxx
- Justin Schultz

Ben Bishop
xxx

Loving this team, wouldn't mind acquiring a bit more speed/offensive ability if anyone is looking for a trade. I'd say that 3rd line is the big area I'm willing to change.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:devils
Zach Sanford - Sebastian Aho - Mikko Rantanen
Jonathan Marchesseault - Ryan Getzlaf - Zach Hyman
Nikita Gusev - Nolan Patrick - xxx

xxx - xxx - xxx

Jake Muzzin - John Klingberg
Alexander Edler - Tyler Myers
xxx - xxx

Corey Crawford
xxx

Team fun wants more goals so I want a flashier 2C, 3W but also a defensive dman. Down for whatever, I'm bored, pm me.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
since this is a game where nobody is injured, adam larsson has a good back.

how do we feel about adam larsson on the top pair

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
since this is a game where nobody is injured, adam larsson has a good back.

how do we feel about adam larsson on the top pair

Assuming full health he's a very solid top-4 D, and he's a perfect fit next to Krug.

Him for Petterson? :naughty:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
That's also Victor Hedman

But it’s true for lots of strong defencemen that they don’t need an elite partner just someone reliable.

Theodore/Martinez
Heiskanen/Oleksiak
Karlsson/Methot
Schmidt/McNabb
Hughes/Tanev

For defence pairings chemistry is more important than skill

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Also we just had a team win a Stanley Cup with [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] playing on the top pair with Hedman, so as long as it’s a strong partner Larsson should be more than fine

So what I am hearing is I should remove Stralman from my top pair with Hedman, and replace him with [REDCATED]¿

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Vegas wants to move into the next few picks from their 16th

16+18 for 15+20 if it’s in the next 5 and my guys there

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Can we just have a free for all and finish these last couple rounds? Everyone knows I’m taking this home Jay Beagle ain’t gonna save you

Reactions: DropTheGloves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad