HF Canucks Draft List - Pick 7

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Misclick on my part, but I'd vote Juolevi, but I have Nylander/Sergachev basically in the same tier. I flip-flop on how to rank them every time lol. No issues with taking either of them if we're picking 7th and this is how the draft plays out. I do enjoy watching Sergachev the most out of these 3. Juolevi is the smartest dman in this draft for me, but doesn't have the same physicality/shot of Sergachev.

Last edited:

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
I'd take McLeod as early as 6th, recent dismal showing notwithstanding.

Half of top 60 D men scorers and Norris caliber types can be had in the 2nd and later rounds. Even with Benning's "looking good so far drafting" there seems to be a disparity in the lack of quality forward prospects taken in the later rounds, though some of the D show promise.

Don't mind them reaching for the stars with Chychrun, or even Juolevi (trade down if someone else), if they're sold he'll be a top pairing guy one day, but if there is doubt you go with a forward.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I'd take Nylander. We need a true #1D. There aren't any in this draft. We have Edler, Tanev and Hutton for I'd guess the next 6 to 8 years. Throw in Hamhuis(?), Sbisa, Tryamkin, Pedan, Stecher, Subban, Brisebois, Neill, Olson, etc. That's not even mentioning the plugs like Weber and Bartkowski.

I see the top for next season as
Edler Tanev
Tryamkin Hutton
X X

While I'd like to draft a Dman, there are still too many skilled forwards available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad