HF Canucks Draft List - Pick 7

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Probably Sergachev here. There's not a whole lot of separation in this tier. So glad we are guaranteed no worse than 6th.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Sergachev for me. He has top pairing potential, size, and is comfortable on the right side. I easily have him ahead of Juolevi.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
overdue, Keller.

man, years later people will look back and wonder how this player was not more hyped.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Am I confused?....unless they make a trade, there's no way they can draft 7th?...isn't three spots the most they can drop even if all the lottery balls don't go their way?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Am I confused?....unless they make a trade, there's no way they can draft 7th?...isn't three spots the most they can drop even if all the lottery balls don't go their way?

Trades can happen (either acquire another pick or trade back).

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.

You're correct. I think we are just doing a list of the 1st round just for the hell of it while hoping Benning gets us a 2nd pick. Fingers crossed for Sbisa, Vey, Stewart for a mid 1st :sarcasm:

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Gonna go with the Juolevi as I feel he has the most upside even though he's most likely not NHL ready next season.
TBH,I would be fine with Sergachev here as well.Definitely a different player but likely just as good an NHLer who might be even be a better fit here paired with a PMD like Stetcher or Subban.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Also I think Kieffer Bellows should be up on the list of options soon. He's a beast and is being overlooked on a Boeser like level.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
I would have to go with McLeod here. The pace at which he plays is unlike any other draft eligible prospect. He flies up and down the ice, wins his puck battles, plays with a swagger, dominates on face-offs, plays great defense, has a good set of hands and good vision. I don't think he'll ever be a true number 1 center due to his lack of elite creativity with the puck on his stick, but he's adept enough at making quick passes and quick shots that he could develop into a good "1B" type centre that compliments Horvat.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
That's ridiculously high for him. Even at 7 ahead of Sergachev and Juolevi I wouldn't be happy.

That's the difference between a draft list and a draft prediction.

Anyone can predict the draft, just copy the Bob Mac draft list. But the more interesting thing is seeing everyone elses lists.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Also I think Kieffer Bellows should be up on the list of options soon. He's a beast and is being overlooked on a Boeser like level.

Said that in the #6 thread. I don't see why he is in a different tier than the forwards listed right now.

He does look to track like Boeser as well. Similar toolkit and good USHL production.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Nylander. We need that high end skill, the defensemen are too risky to pick this high, don't see them hitting their ceiling.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I'm baffled why people rate Juoevi so high. Other than a stellar WJC what qualities does he have over Sergachev? Bean? Chychrun etc...

He's not as offensive, or big, or physical, or fast, or defensive. I don't get it. If you want offense you take Bean, if you want NHL size with skating you take Chychrun, if you want a well rounded dynamic 2-way guy you take Sergachev and so on. I don't see anything Juolevi excels at.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Juol at 7 not sure how wed get that pick tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad