Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #7

Who is Boston's #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
looks like zboril is crushing everyone for #6, so let's keep it rollin...koppanen added.

name 2 guys to add this time...we'll fatten up the selections since it'll start to get more varied soon. i'll suggest sherman and vladar.

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Ryan Donato - W/C (84.8%)
2) Trent Frederic - C (50.6%)
3) Urho Vaakanainen - D (33.0%)
4) Jack Studnicka - C (43.5%)
5) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C (40.7%)
6) Jakub Zboril - D ( )
7)

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Lauzon. If I recall correctly, he was one of the last cuts from camp last summer. I think the potential is still there for a bottom 4 D. McAvoy and Carlo have the future of the right side locked up, but that left side is very much up for grabs (it'll be a good competition between Lauzon, Zboril, Urho, and anyone else who hops in the fold). There's no particular rush to get Lauzon to the NHL so he has both the time and tools to become a decent NHL dman.

Reactions: TCB

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Lauzon. If I recall correctly, he was one of the last cuts from camp last summer. I think the potential is still there for a bottom 4 D. McAvoy and Carlo have the future of the right side locked up, but that left side is very much up for grabs (it'll be a good competition between Lauzon, Zboril, Urho, and anyone else who hops in the fold). There's no particular rush to get Lauzon to the NHL so he has both the time and tools to become a decent NHL dman.

edit: also just noticed if we vote Lauzon, we'd have 4 J first names in row. Starting to figure out Don's draft strategy.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta go Cehlarik again.

Suggested adding Vlader last time, will do so again.

2nd name, well he does qualify, @Blowfish will appreciate this, Alexander Khokhlachev for next add.

Reactions: Blowfish

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
There are some guys on this list that have a good chance to be NHL players and contribute, but for me Lauko has the most upside of the remaining group, think this kid will be the steal of the 2018 draft.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'm on the senyshyn express. nothing against cehlarik, who could be a decent player, but i question
his quickness. senyshyn could be a righty michael grabner if he pans out, and if not, still see a very useful winger with elite speed and pretty nice hands. obviously a big year for ZS, but i expect we'll see nice
progress as he's fed more favorable offensive duties.

Reactions: UncleRico

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
i'm on the senyshyn express. nothing against cehlarik, who could be a decent player, but i question
his quickness. senyshyn could be a righty michael grabner if he pans out, and if not, still see a very useful winger with elite speed and pretty nice hands. obviously a big year for ZS, but i expect we'll see nice

I want Senyshyn's quickness with Cehlarik's use of his frame and IQ. Big year for ZS.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I've always thought Chuck Kobasew. Which from me is a compliment.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My next 3 would be Senyshyn, Lauzon then cehlarik in that order. Maybe lauko after that

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Agree with the very last sentence here. Senyshyn should see a more prominent role with better line mates this season in prov. He’s had a healthy off season to prepare and get bigger. I expect big things out of him in prov this year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Swayman is being under rated in these polls like Donato was cause he is years away.

I don't know that I'd say he's being underrated. Unfortunately goalies one of those positions where no one really gets excited about prospects and there position value isn't high (which is funny considering how important they are). Even looking at drafts, its rare to see goalies go in the 1st round and many times it gets questioned when a team does take a goalie in the 1st. Not saying its fair or right, but that's probably why I wont be shocked if Swayman isn't voted in the top 10 for this.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don't know that I'd say he's being underrated. Unfortunately goalies one of those positions where no one really gets excited about prospects and there position value isn't high (which is funny considering how important they are). Even looking at drafts, its rare to see goalies go in the 1st round and many times it gets questioned when a team does take a goalie in the 1st. Not saying its fair or right, but that's probably why I wont be shocked if Swayman isn't voted in the top 10 for this.

Looking at it right now, I personally see myself voting for Swayman at around #11. If he follows up his great freshman season for a mediocre Maine team with a big season, I would definitely start to find a myself voting for him somewhere in the Top 10.

To touch on this vote, Senyshyn and Cehlarik are no dead even at 25 votes... Another interesting race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad