Prospect Info: HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects: #3

Who is Boston's #3 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this is a tight one - we'll see how it shakes out in the end. as for cehlarik, i don't get the
love for him but sergei zinovjev had a fan club once also.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What's the status of Khokhlachev, Arnesson, and Mark McNeill for this poll?

Technically they all meet the criteria.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What's the status of Khokhlachev, Arnesson, and Mark McNeill for this poll?

Technically they all meet the criteria.

if they meet the criteria, they are eligible. i wouldn't consider arnesson or mcneill likely to
make the top 25, but suppose koko would certainly.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Swayman gets my vote for #3. He's the best goalie prospect the Bruins have had since they traded for Rask.

U Maine has been bad for over a decade. He was the only major addition this past year and got them to the NCAA tournament. He allowed the teammates to believe they could win any game.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
this is a tight one - we'll see how it shakes out in the end. as for cehlarik, i don't get the
love for him but sergei zinovjev had a fan club once also.

It’s reasonable to say Cehlarik is on his way out and will be passed by because he couldn’t stay healthy last season

It’s also reasonable to say he can still make it and be a top 6 talent because in his short stint in the nhl, he didn’t look out of place at all. Marchand for example, was invisible his first 20 games with the Bruins. So when a player can come in and stand out at times right away like Cehlarik did, it’s at the very least reasonable not to write them off

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Swayman gets my vote for #3. He's the best goalie prospect the Bruins have had since they traded for Rask.

U Maine has been bad for over a decade. He was the only major addition this past year and got them to the NCAA tournament. He allowed the teammates to believe they could win any game.

I'm a HUGE Swayman fan as evident by my profile picture, but IDK that I'd say he's our #3 prospect. I think you have to look at a players floor, ceiling and years to the NHL. Swayman (unless something insane happens) is probably still 3-5 years away. Even to get here in 3 years he'd need to leave Maine after this year and then get one year in PRO (which doesn't seem like much for a Goalie). Can it be done? sure, but Rask is signed for 3 years still so even if he does make it to the NHL in 3 years he's going to be Tuukka's back-up. Lets not forget about Keyser either, kid can play as well.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Studnicka. To me he has that DeBrusk element to him. He seems to have that same complete game and vibe about him. Sign me up for another DeBrusk, like to see him on a line with Krech and Jake. He is playing right wing now in tryouts for Team Canada. I seen him live once against the IceDogs and he was all over the puck. Late in the game he went after a player, started and finished the fight. Great drafting all these character and skill guys that are captains.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
an hour to go in the polling and urho has taken a 1-vote lead. gripping stuff.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not sure about all this Vaak love given the reports to date, I went Stud. Thought he should be #2.

What report? HACKerty's report?

Kid was playing top end minutes in a mens league, got invited to the world championship team, but god forbid he doesn't look like a norris d-man at rookie camp. I seem to remember some kid name DeBrusk failing his physical fitness test his first year...good thing people didn't write him off after that. Oh wait, people did and now he's our #2LW and no one wants to part with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
What report? HACKerty's report?

Kid was playing top end minutes in a mens league, got invited to the world championship team, but god forbid he doesn't look like a norris d-man at rookie camp. I seem to remember some kid name DeBrusk failing his physical fitness test his first year...good thing people didn't write him off after that. Oh wait, people did and now he's our #2LW and no one wants to part with him.

There was a report that he needs time I think according to Sweeney. I will look for the article.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Are Senyshyn, Zboril and Lauzon still considered prospects? It seems like I've been hearing about their future greatness for quite some time now. :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Are Senyshyn, Zboril and Lauzon still considered prospects? It seems like I've been hearing about their future greatness for quite some time now. :laugh:

Senyshyn = 21 years old, just completed 1st AHL season
Zboril = 21 years old, just completed 1st AHL season
Lauzon = 21 years old, just completed 1st AHL season

Everyone knows that players are either NHL ready by this age or busts. Please quote anyone who ever said they'd be "great" though. I'd love to laugh at them as well, or is this a strawman? Smells like a strawman.

Feel better.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Not seeing the correlation between Vaakanainen needing time and fans viewing him as a top prospect in the organization?

I get it and agree for the most part. Projected time to pros should impact the rankings a bit. Not a huge shift, but development time is a factor in today's ELC roster/cost control formulation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad