HF Boards Superstar v11

Ambisextrous

Apr 17, 2012
Halifax
Don't think Steelesson will be what I hoped he'd be, but he'll carve out a nice career. Iceland got a bit shafted the past two years, but hopefully there's a way we can move our way up in the WHC and olympic qualifiers, though that'll be really hard with all of us in the nhl now.

Reactions: francis246

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's lame that our Iceland players don't even play in the international games anymore. Kinda defeats the purpose of making them if they're never there to get the team promotion.

Reactions: Beezeral

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It's lame that our Iceland players don't even play in the international games anymore. Kinda defeats the purpose of making them if they're never there to get the team promotion.
yea, it's been disappointing.

Reactions: clunk

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

it’s hard if you’re all not playing in Europe. Or Major Junior. Next time we do this. Anyone who
Wants to move a country up needs to stay in Europe.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Vegas, baby! Kinda happy with that.

Great updates francis, keep up the good work! :)

Still a bit worried about my low determination (especially if it is as important for youth prospects as it is in football manager) :P

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
it’s hard if you’re all not playing in Europe. Or Major Junior. Next time we do this. Anyone who
Wants to move a country up needs to stay in Europe.
How do I go about that? When I made the character I made sure to list his preference as 'Europe' but he only got in on one tournament. Anything else you can do? I wouldn't mind starting in the KHL and my character playing there til 23/24.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
How do I go about that? When I made the character I made sure to list his preference as 'Europe' but he only got in on one tournament. Anything else you can do? I wouldn't mind starting in the KHL and my character playing there til 23/24.

that’s another way but it may not change anything. Players in the game can accept/decline world championship invites. We’ve done it previously where we got Australia an Olympic Bronze and multiple world championship medals. But we had like 12 Australian players. You need more than 5 or 6

Reactions: MasterMatt25

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
that’s another way but it may not change anything. Players in the game can accept/decline world championship invites. We’ve done it previously where we got Australia an Olympic Bronze and multiple world championship medals. But we had like 12 Australian players. You need more than 5 or 6
Interesting.

Isn't there a way to edit contracts in game? Can't you just give players long KHL contracts and they can't just leave for the NHL?

Tallasar

Apr 11, 2018
Auckland
I think he can do it when he creates the players, when the game is started you should not change (editor is saying) otherwise high risk that the game will crash.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I think he can do it when he creates the players, when the game is started you should not change (editor is saying) otherwise high risk that the game will crash.
I think it would be a good idea, for those who want it, to have their players start their pro careers in the KHL. Give them long contracts at the start of the game and hope it increases their participation rate internationally. Then by 22/23 they can make the jump to the NHL with hopefully their country in the top division.

It would cut in to ending NHL stats, but I think it's a worthy sacrifice for the nation.

Tallasar

Apr 11, 2018
Auckland
I think it would be a good idea, for those who want it, to have their players start their pro careers in the KHL. Give them long contracts at the start of the game and hope it increases their participation rate internationally. Then by 22/23 they can make the jump to the NHL with hopefully their country in the top division.

It would cut in to ending NHL stats, but I think it's a worthy sacrifice for the nation.
Yes, it is not only settled to play in the KHL for a team it could work for quite a lot of leagues, probably the European leagues are the best.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Marksson stuck on the 2nd line I guess from the TOI. Hopefully he picks it up and SJ too. At least they trended up 4 positions from last year.

Reactions: McCullogh

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Update 5: Here Comes the Second Wave
Player News:
  • On June 17th, 2023 - Henrik Gagne signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Detroit Red Wings.
  • On June 30th, 2023 - Nuka Seyde signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Minnesota Wild.
  • On July 5th, 2023 - Oskar Bakke signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Ottawa Senators.
  • On July 5th, 2023 - Steinar Ragnarsson signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Calgary Flames.
  • On July 6th, 2023 - John Capello signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the New York Rangers.
  • On July 6th, 2023 - Jordan Harper signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Montreal Canadiens.
  • On July 6th, 2023 - Kristoffer Kristiansen signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the New Jersey Devils.
  • On July 6th, 2023 - Max Delaplace signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Vegas Golden Knights.
  • On July 6th, 2023 - Leif Sonje signed a 3-year deal worth $2,775,000 with the Los Angeles Kings.
  • On December, 2023 - Toddy Corry suffered a torn ACL that sidelined him for 7th months.
  • On January 6th, 2024 - Bjorn Leifsson signed a 3-year extension worth $13,230,000 with the Calgary Flames.

End of Season Stats:
Regular-Season-Stats.png

Superstars Playoff Stats:
Playoff-Stats.png

NHL-Scoring-Leaders.png

NHL-Goalie-Leaders.png

Western-Conference-Standings.png

Eastern-Conference-Standings.png

Playoff-Tree.png

2024 World Hockey Championship:
The World Hockey Championships is a great opportunity for players to showcase their skills.

Player Stats:
None

World Championships Results:
Czech Republic - Gold
Finland - Silver
United States - Bronze

World-Championships-Playoff-Tree.png

2024 World Hockey Championships 1B:
The World Hockey Championships is a great opportunity for players to showcase their skills.

Player Stats:
None

World Championships 1B Results:
World-Championships-Division-1-B.png

Player Notes & Awards:

*Heads up, if you get no news you may have came third in voting or even second but it's time consuming to write that all out! But if you really want to know lmk and I can include it in news. For Junior I'm not gonna put the player of the month or week awards, just major awards/trophies.

Oskar Bakke
- Alternate Captain of the Ottawa Senators
- NHL Rookie of the Month for November and February
- Named to 2023/24 NHL Rookie All-Star Team

Asgeir Baldr
- No News

Mattias Birgir
- No News

Everett Black
- 2 NHL Best Defensive Player of the Week Awards
- 1 NHL Player of the Week Award
- Selected for West All-Stars
- Named to 2023/24 NHL Second All-Star Team

Jon Capello

Todd Corry
- 1 NHL Best Defensive Player of the Week Award

William Crosby
- Selected for East All-Stars

Max Delaplace

Cole Gagne
- 2 NHL Player of the Week Awards
- 2 NHL Best Offensive Player of the Week Awards
- NHL Player of the Month for November
- NHL Best Offensive Player of the Month for November

Henrik Gagne
- NHL Player of the Month for April

Stopper Goalsson
- 2 NHL Defensive Player of the Week Awards
- NHL Rookie of the Month for May
- NHL Defensive Player for the Month of May
- 2024 NHL Stanley Cup Championship

Jordan Harper
- Alternate Captain of the Montreal Candiens
- NHL Rookie of the Month for March
- 2023/24 King Clancy Memorial Trophy

Kristoffer Kristiansen
- 1 NHL Defensive Player of the Week Awards
- 2023/24 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

Bjorn Leifsson
- No News

Skot Marksson

- No News

Thor Magne Nygard
- NHL Best Defensive Player of the Month for April
- Named to 2023/24 NHL First All-Star Team

Dominik Papousek
- No News

Steinar Ragnarsson
- No News

Chuck Sauce
- No News

Nuka Seyde
- Selected for West All-Stars
- 1 NHL Defensive Player of the Week Award

Leif Sonje
- NHL Rookie of the Month for October, December and April
- Best Offensive Player of the Month for April
- 2 Best Offensive Player of the Week Awards
- 2023/24 Calder Memorial Trophy
- Named to 2023/24 NHL First All-Star Team

Jordan Steelesson
-No News

Nicolas Vin
- No News

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Cup in my rookie year. Very nice. Did Stopper take over as the #1 for the cup finals? Saw he went 11-3 in the playoffs.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Decent rookie season, but Vegas seem to be far away from reaching the playoffs. And condolcences to Toddy for being sidelined for 7 months.

Btw: Its not like IRL that players who dont make the playoffs in the NHL are eligable for the WC?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Decent rookie season, but Vegas seem to be far away from reaching the playoffs. And condolcences to Toddy for being sidelined for 7 months.

Btw: Its not like IRL that players who dont make the playoffs in the NHL are eligable for the WC?

yes the game works exactly like NHL. Players who don't make the playoffs or get eliminated before roster confirmation date are eligible for World Championships. However players in game can decline an invite to their national team, just like in real life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad