HF Boards Proposal: Owners Proposal, PA Counter Proposal

• Thread starter two out of three*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
response, if any, from the league:

While we appreciate your concern about the lockout both parties agree that no 3rd party intervention is needed at this time and the only way to settle it is between us. thank you.

-or-

lol omg lyke why didnt we think of that!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
OilerFan4Life said:
Good job Ties...Although we have some "philosophical" diffrences, they dont seem to be as bad as what Bob and Gary got going.

You have to remember though, we're playing with monopoly money. ;)

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Other Dave said:
It's an absolute disaster for your team and mine. This is the agreement that you're working towards, as fans of the game?

With our proposal of a strong luxury tax, we believe that the small maket teams, not only will survive, but will actually have a chance to contend for the Stanley Cup in any given season.

It will not be disastrous( Give me a break im a PA guy I cant spell :) ) because if your team operates smartly (Like the canucks who locked up there players before reaching UFA) then you wont have problems Sens fan.

two out of three*

Other Dave said:
It's an absolute disaster for your team and mine. This is the agreement that you're working towards, as fans of the game?

How many players start at the age of 18 or 19? Not many. Usually they come in at 20 or later. Yes there are exceptions, but hey.. The final deal isn't done yet. But I personally agree with it.. If you do come in at 18 or 19, then 7 years of NHL Service (60 games) should be long enough for you to become an UFA.

Other Dave

Jan 7, 2003
New and improved in TO
Visit site
OilerFan4Life said:
With our proposal of a strong luxury tax, we believe that the small maket teams, not only will survive, but will actually have a chance to contend for the Stanley Cup in any given season.

So you're hoping to craft a CBA that allows every team to contend for the Cup every year?

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Other Dave said:
So you're hoping to craft a CBA that allows every team to contend for the Cup every year?

Yes. Our intention on the PA side is to get the best deal for everyone involved. The players, the owners, and most importantly the fans. Why wouldnt we want a deal, that makes it possible for every team to win at the start of any given season. I mean lets face it in the old CBA, we all knew Pittsburgh was gonna crap the bed every year. But in our agreement even the Penguins have a chance to contend for the SC.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Other Dave said:

Fortunately the CBA is for all 30 teams in the league. Not just for a small handfull.

Other Dave

Jan 7, 2003
New and improved in TO
Visit site
OilerFan4Life said:

I think that's a terrible idea. The only way to ensure parity top to bottom is to increase player movement to the point where teams will be unrecognizable year to year.

And I resent that you seem to be willing to sell the Sens down the river in order to fit your utopian agenda.

I sat through Troy Mallette and Evgeny Davydov playing hockey and now I get to watch Hossa and Chara. Under your proposal, the Sens will get to be a farm team for the bigs starting at the end of next season.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Other Dave said:
I think that's a terrible idea. The only way to ensure parity top to bottom is to increase player movement to the point where teams will be unrecognizable year to year.

And I resent that you seem to be willing to sell the Sens down the river in order to fit your utopian agenda.

I sat through Troy Mallette and Evgeny Davydov playing hockey and now I get to watch Hossa and Chara. Under your proposal, the Sens will get to be a farm team for the bigs starting at the end of next season.

R U kidding?? This CBA is supposed to benefit the league as a whole. As I learned in some dumb Sociology class the sum of the parts is greater then the whole. We want to make every team have a chance to be a contender. Explain how this deal hurts the Sens please?? It doesnt. You wont lose your star players if you manage well. The sens have managed well and with Melnyk running the show, our proposal will help Ottawa not destroy it.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Uh... I really cannot enivision any subsequent CBA helping Ottawa. Ottawa will be the most hurt once this inane lockout is over, no matter the system.

Stop trying to destroy our team to push the league toward mediocrity.

This fight is about getting the big markets back on par if not better than the small markets that have all the future stars. Anyone who can't see that has been a victim of the NHL propagada machine.

Hold on players!

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
scaredsensfan said:
Uh... I really cannot enivision any subsequent CBA helping Ottawa. Ottawa will be the most hurt once this inane lockout is over, no matter the system.

Stop trying to destroy our team to push the league toward mediocrity.

This fight is about getting the big markets back on par if not better than the small markets that have all the future stars. Anyone who can't see that has been a victim of the NHL propagada machine.

Hold on players!

You should talk to the owners regarding this. The PA is looking out for the fans, and thus are trying to help the Senators and smaller market teams contend with the big boys.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Sorry I dont understand your post... what side are you on?

The biggest determinant of league wide parity is the high UFA age that keeps players tied to their teams through their prime years. This is a far better type of parity than one falsely created with a cap because it still allows for the building of an elite organization.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
scaredsensfan said:

The biggest determinant of league wide parity is the high UFA age that keeps players tied to their teams through their prime years. This is a far better type of parity than one falsely created with a cap because it still allows for the building of an elite organization.

Again the utter falsehood of a cap preventing the building of an elite team. When you get the chance, take a look at the two teams in the Super Bowl this week and tell me how elite teams can't be built under a cap.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
scaredsensfan said:

Im with the PA. It seems to me the biggest problem Sen fans have is the UFA age. But as stated earlier we only accepted what the owners gave us. They offered us the 7 years and we accepted it.

Other Dave

Jan 7, 2003
New and improved in TO
Visit site
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
If you do come in at 18 or 19, then 7 years of NHL Service (60 games) should be long enough for you to become an UFA.

I thought that this was supposed to be a CBA that helps all 30 teams? You're proposing a system where Nashville will LOSE an additional $8 mil a year, where Pittsburgh will LOSE $6 mil a year, where Ottawa WILL BE outbid for Hossa next year, and where Atlanta can wave buh bye to Kovalchuk at age 26.

How is this at all fair and equitable?

Other Dave

Jan 7, 2003
New and improved in TO
Visit site
CarlRacki said:
Again the utter falsehood of a cap preventing the building of an elite team. When you get the chance, take a look at the two teams in the Super Bowl this week and tell me how elite teams can't be built under a cap.

Despite the Pats' complaints, the SB isn't played on a skating rink. Lowering the UFA age NOW will put the current Sens, Flames, Sharks and Lightning squads in jeopardy.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Other Dave said:
I thought that this was supposed to be a CBA that helps all 30 teams? You're proposing a system where Nashville will LOSE an additional $8 mil a year, where Pittsburgh will LOSE $6 mil a year, where Ottawa WILL BE outbid for Hossa next year, and where Atlanta can wave buh bye to Kovalchuk at age 26.

How is this at all fair and equitable?

Buddy, for the 5th time.....THE OWNERS AGREED TO THOSE 7 YEARS

I think you should talk to Mr. Melnyk and raise your concerns with him :lol:

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Other Dave said:
Despite the Pats' complaints, the SB isn't played on a skating rink. Lowering the UFA age NOW will put the current Sens, Flames, Sharks and Lightning squads in jeopardy.

Why?
Under a cap, all teams have nearly identical resources with which to build a team. The Sens are far more likely to be outbid for Hossa under an uncapped system than they are with a cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad