HF-Boards Official Podcast Show - Episode #2 is out!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
20k3v3q.jpg

Welcome to the Hockey Futures Canucks Podcast Show.

The green light has been given (Thank you Mods for letting me run with this).(This is still in the Development stage, but we are good to go when it comes to finally sharing this idea).

I am very excited to announce that I will be running a new Podcast show, specifically for HF boards.

With last year being a great success, I am moving onto a much bigger approach, and this includes HF members, Scouts, and eventually media members to join in.

Here is the basic template for this Podcast Show.

1 - We will discuss DIRECT threads that are popular at the present time.
2 - We will set up Q/A sessions with members on the Canucks board, and have a segment specifically to answer those questions.
3 - We will have Guest Hosts from members on the Canucks board, If you want to be a Guest Host, Please PM ME and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
4 - This will be all year long, Ideally once a week. We will have special shows specifically for the DRAFT and Trade Deadline, and Free Agency.
5 - Fan input is extremely important, All comments negative/positive is extremely important, I will take the feedback and improve the show on a regular basis.

That being said, This show is no doubt for OUR boards, one day I expect to expand, but right now it's going to focus on OUR community, and OUR team.

Suggestion Box

- What would you like to add for our regular segments.
- Do you guys prefer One or multiple Hosts (I will gladly solo this if I need to, I have experience doing podcasts and calling into shows in the past)
- Any other tidbits or suggestions will be accepted, I am going to absorb all the information. Remember this show is for the canucks HF community.

The first episode will be posted in THIS thread. I will update the thread when we record it.

This has been a long time coming, I have been getting things together for months now, trying to organize the segments, songs, sound effects, and it's finally the day to get this rolling.

I would like to give a quick thank you for the mods for letting me run with this, it's going to be very exciting to see if people will get on board.
For this to be successful, we need as many people as possible to unite and help push content, fan response in this thread is extremely important.

Let's make this the best podcast show (only lol) on HF!.

PS - The Target date right now for episode #1 is June 24 (2 Weeks before the NHL Draft)
I got some great news to share with everybody.

Brendan Burke (PBP Guy for the Utica Comets), Will be joining me in our inaugural show.

This is extremely exciting news, and I highly appreciate he would take the time to help make this podcast a success.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR BURKE, Please post them IN THIS THREAD, I will ask as many as possible, Remember this Podcast is for HF and our community, so Ask away!.

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
While Quest Hosts might be quite exciting, I think Guest Hosts will be a lot more useful.

Good luck on this, Luc. (Do you have a proper mic? If not, I would pitch in a few bucks for you to get one if you setup donations. Probably the biggest downfall of most podcasts is horrible audio quality.)

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I saw the bolded red letters in the title and I was excited for a split second thinking that perhaps there was a signing. Disappointed...

In all seriousness though, I'm interested in getting involved but I don't have the time. Best of luck!

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
While Quest Hosts might be quite exciting, I think Guest Hosts will be a lot more useful.

Good luck on this, Luc. (Do you have a proper mic? If not, I would pitch in a few bucks for you to get one if you setup donations. Probably the biggest downfall of most podcasts is horrible audio quality.)

I have a few decent headsets, I might use my Sibera V2 for the mic, seems to have the best quality, I will record some segments in a studio at UFC.

Last edited:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Great idea, and congrats on making this happen Luc!

Also I agree with Tiranis, make sure you use a decent mic with a pop filter, the difference between a headset recording vs a budget mic + pop filter is pretty big.

$60-70 will net you a decent setup for a much better recording, and I'd be happy to chip in a few bucks as well.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I remember you guys had something similar going earlier on last year.

Good luck & hope you guys can make something of this.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hey guys,

I am getting a TON of people who want to donate for me buying a Mic with a Pop Filter. (Countless PM's + posts in this thread).

I am not sure how to create a donate "button". But I do have a paypal account that you can donate money too.

If you wanna Donate to this cause, SEND ME A PM, ALSO leave a message in this thread. <-- So we can give you credit for being extra awesome

I will then give you my Paypal email. Which then you can send any amount you wish to help with (If I don't reach enough money for my mic, I will refund all the money I get in full to the original donators).

This has been overwhelming, the support has been incredible.

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Good luck, if you have any technical questions or need some recommendations for gear just pm me.

Don't underestimate the importance of the room you choose to record this in, just as important as any piece of gear.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Good luck, if you have any technical questions or need some recommendations for gear just pm me.

Don't underestimate the importance of the room you choose to record this in, just as important as any piece of gear.

Absolutely. The recording studio and the mic are probably more important than the people doing the actual show. As long as the podcast has a good, clear sound people will enjoy it.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Great Idea, Perhaps we can collaborate in the future :) for Vancouver discussion in the Seattle Area :)

That sounds like an excellent idea, I will get in contact with you down the road.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Small update also:
I am in the process of trying to get a mic + filter. I want to get a pretty high end one, so I might cut the 1st episode with the headset I currently use now (I had tested it with people, and they said it's very solid, clear, It's the same one I used in last years podcasts).

I also looks like I will have a very exciting announcement soon for the 1st episode. Stay tuned

Last edited:

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
This is great I can't wait to see you try this again. Last year was really fun, and I'm sure this will project will take off!

Furthermore if you need someone else to help with the show, I'd be down. Also I'm good with chipping in for the new mic, to help that radio voice shine through.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I got some great news to share with everybody.

Brendan Burke (PBP Guy for the Utica Comets), Will be joining me in our inaugural show.

This is extremely exciting news, and I highly appreciate he would take the time to help make this podcast a success.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR BURKE, Please post them IN THIS THREAD, I will ask as many as possible, Remember this Podcast is for HF and our community, so Ask away!.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad