GDT: HF Boards GDT: 11|7|18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't even care anymore. Just f***ing pathetic. Take out the refs interference with a great game and it's a very close game probably heading to OT.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Ha ha.....Stupid Flames...at least Neal is racking up those points for you guys....great signing...how many years was that......:sarcasm:

Reactions: Super Hans

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Flames losing in Anaheim would be a lot more meaningful if the streak was still int\act

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
The offside challenge isn't the worst rule in sports, but it's pretty close.

There are so many things that go on in the seconds prior to a player scoring a goal in the NHL. The puck crossing the blue line is only a tiny fraction of the play, there are so many more things that make up a typical NHL goal that cannot be challenged or reviewed, especially considering how subjective the NHL rule book can be. The point of the offside rule is to prevent cherry-picking and allow the defense some breathing room by simply clearing the zone. A person a 2mm ahead of the play during an odd man rush does not give the offense a real advantage. If the defense tries to clear the puck and succeeds by the same 2mm margin, it's not the end of the world. There are so many more penalties, inadvertent whistles, and irreversible "no goal" calls that can not be challenged that affect play more than a mere offside violation. If obvious high-sticking or tripping penalties cannot be looked at that directly result in scoring chances and goals, why afford the same consideration to offside. I understand that offside is easier to make an objective call, but if that's the case than the NHL needs to update their rule book.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Darling would be Mike Smith's back-up.

Mike Smith, last in save percentage with a glorious .871 in 10 games. As for his GAA, well that's a nice 3.71 GAA (6th or 7th worst) but played more games than every else below him other than Allen who has a better SV%.

You underestimate the terribleness of Mike Smith this year. In his last 5 starts he had a GAA of 4.20.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mike Smith is the worst goalie in the league. Change my mind.
I almost would never call a goalie or any player the worst at their position or even one of the worst after just a 12 game (or however many he's played this year) stretch. Any goalie could play that badly for 12 games.

However, I have reviewed every goal Mike Smith has allowed this year and I've counted 14 goals that I consider stoppable. In just 11 games. He's failing the eye test as bad as he's failing the stats (save percentage) test. He and Jake Allen both have 14 stoppable goals against on my count. Both are probably battling for the save percentage sewer right now, at least among goalies that have played at least 5 games this year.

I usually don't count rebounds against goalies unless they're really bad, but some are harder on rebounds than I am and they might even call goal 2 a bad goal because the rebound wasn't the best. And I didn't even count that one against him, but goal 1 was terrible. Maybe the worst goal we'll see around the entire league for this week, and goal 3 wasn't good either.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Hilarious to read Avs fans complaining about offside. Matt Duchene play a few years back that was one case to bring reviews and challenges to offside was against none other than the Predators

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
97079F33-AA5F-4A1B-9828-8239968A815B-202-0000001459D8DD03.jpeg

Reactions: E82

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Why would the blue line curve perfectly around the puck?
What replay are you watching? It sucks when an offsides review doesn't go your way but it clearly was out. Try having it happen to you in a Cup Final. Or when you are fighting for a playoff spot (Duchene in 2014).

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Ha ha.....Stupid Flames...at least Neal is racking up those points for you guys....great signing...how many years was that......:sarcasm:
Ha ha Neal still has better production than your anti flames posts.

What happened with you? You used to post something against the Flames daily

Reactions: Devonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad