GDT: HF Boards: GDT 11/3/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I don't know how else to explain this. They're separate incidents, Sissons' embellishment and Marchand's unsportsmanlike play. You can call Marchand the devil all you want I don't really care. Doesn't change Sissons' embellishment.
Wouldn’t something have to have actually touched him for it to be ‘embelliahment’?! He flat out pretended he was even touched never mind up high. HE is the one who should be getting called out and the fact that he isn’t shows exactly how whacked this new generation of fans is. Beyond ridiculous to feel that is ok in this game. F all you soccer folks who have no problem with this fake crap allowing it to seep into this game. Rant over.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Wouldn’t something have to have actually touched him for it to be ‘embelliahment’?! He flat out pretended he was even touched never mind up high. HE is the one who should be getting called out and the fact that he isn’t shows exactly how whacked this new generation of fans is. Beyond ridiculous to feel that is ok in this game. F all you soccer folks who have no problem with this fake crap allowing it to seep into this game. Rant over.

You need to watch the play again. Then watch it again. Get a HD feed. 4K if you need it. He was contacted, at least on the shoulder. Maybe on the helmet but it's tough to see for sure. It definitely didn't warrant the reaction though. But don't out and out put out false statements.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not too long ago every time the Pens lost 2 in a row it meant bad times for their next opponent.

Since winning that 2nd cup though it feels like they're only good when they're hot. Tonights game reminded me of the 8-4 loss to Boston last year after losing 2 in a row..

It's embarrassing to get outworked when you've dropped the last 2. Start caring more ffs.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Preds replay it looked like he got hit on his shield though the reaction was much too late to have been natural.

Reactions: bdub24

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lmao I've never seen someone so vehemently defend embellishment when they themselves admit it was embellishment.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
But it likely won't happen. Much better odds he is in the locker room for a boneheaded stunt leading to an ejection.

In today's NHL you are probably right.

I'm old enough to remember when you tuned in to watch a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Folks make a big deal about too much stuff in the NHL these days, but YMMV IMHO and all that....and no I am not saying Marchand hasn't done some inexcusable nonsense when I say that.

Reactions: bdub24

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild 33 SOG
STL. 9. SOG

And the Wild are a team who almost always gets outshot. If STL doesn't show some fight in the 3rd, then Yeo is on very thin ice. STLhas too much talent and experience to be playing like a cellar team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
13 games my dude. Good start, but let's check back in at game 82 before we try to insinuate people were wrong about the teams.

People are allowed to make topical comments. Not everything has to be commented on after all is said and done. Both fanbases deserve some good mojo, anyways.

Reactions: Del Preston

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wild 33 SOG
STL. 9. SOG

And the Wild are a team who almost always gets outshot. If STL doesn't show some fight in the 3rd, then Yeo is on very thin ice. STLhas too much talent and experience to be playing like a cellar team.

People were saying that about Yeo two weeks ago. I think he’s bought himself some more time with the last few wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad