GDT: HF Boards GDT: 10/28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I came to see the epic meltdown and I am not disappointed.

Jesus Christ 50 shots.

I'm just calling it like it is. It's the only non-combat sport where you're allowed to sucker punch a player after the whistle in order to injure and remove them from the game. It's still the wild west out there (if 3rd world country is too graphic for you). The NHL doesn't actually care about protecting it's players, they only care about the perception of protecting it's players.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm just calling it like it is. It's the only non-combat sport where you're allowed to sucker punch a player after the whistle in order to injure and remove them from the game. It's still the wild west out there (if 3rd world country is too graphic for you). The NHL doesn't actually care about protecting it's players, they only care about the perception of protecting it's players.
This, on the same night that you're complaining that this is a no-hit league if Borowiecki was ejected for the head contact to Cody Eakin. All right then.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017

They call retaliation only on the post whistle dirty plays.. It's like somebody is supposed to get punched after every whistle as some sort of hockey ritual, but only 1 punch.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Could your scrub 7th defenseman stop elbowing and checking people in the head(principle point of contact)? Thanks.

Sincerely, NHL fans who take concussions seriously and care about the wellbeing of players.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If I could ban boucher and carlyle from NHL I would shoot both of them to the moon; both are a freakin JOKE of a coach. dinasour philosohphy in modern age of hockey kill the fun of watching hockey
Well I don't watch Ottawa enough to agree there, but I'll co-sign as to the Carlyle ejectment. Dude should have been fired after the San Jose disaster.

That Anaheim surrendered 47 shots tonight and still made it to OT is a testament to John Gibson's talent, while that and the fact that Anaheim averages 38.2 shots against per night (only saved by a few outlier games, the vast majority of their games they've been shelled for 40+ sog/a) is a testament to just how f***ed this team is under Carlyle.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
For those who watched the Sharks game and were impressed with Timo Meier...

Since December 14, 2017, Meier has played 64 games. In that time frame, he has 26 goals and 16 assists with a +11 rating.

His 26 goals rank 1st on the Sharks and 18th in the NHL, tied with John Tavares.

His 42 points rank 4th on the Sharks and 84th in the NHL, tied with Vladimir Tarasenko.

His 21 even strength goals rank 1st on the Sharks and 8th in the NHL, tied with Alexander Ovechkin.

His 35 even strength points rank 1st on the Sharks and 52nd in the NHL, tied with Nicklas Backstrom.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck and Phu

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For those who watched the Sharks game and were impressed with Timo Meier...

Since December 14, 2017, Meier has played 64 games. In that time frame, he has 26 goals and 16 assists with a +11 rating.

His 26 goals rank 1st on the Sharks and 18th in the NHL, tied with John Tavares.

His 42 points rank 4th on the Sharks and 84th in the NHL, tied with Vladimir Tarasenko.

His 21 even strength goals rank 1st on the Sharks and 8th in the NHL, tied with Alexander Ovechkin.

His 35 even strength points rank 1st on the Sharks and 52nd in the NHL, tied with Nicklas Backstrom.
I really don't love stats that start at a specific start date.

Still impressive though.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
This, on the same night that you're complaining that this is a no-hit league if Borowiecki was ejected for the head contact to Cody Eakin. All right then.

Could your scrub 7th defenseman stop elbowing and checking people in the head(principle point of contact)? Thanks.

Sincerely, NHL fans who take concussions seriously and care about the wellbeing of players.

What about the boarding on Chabot that didn't get 5 minutes like Boro? What about the Boarding on Paajarvi in our last game against the Avs what went uncalled? Or the interference on Smith that led to him getting kicked in the face, breaking a bone. Or this sucker punch on an unsuspecting Formenton that put him on IR for 2 weeks with a concussion? Game after game after game, I'm seeing our players go down with injuries on illegal plays that are uncalled, and we constantly get slammed on clean hits. Our list injured players can't even fit in a tweet. I'm pretty sure we have 10+ injured players in our organization right now. It's just sickening.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What about the boarding on Chabot that didn't get 5 minutes like Boro? What about the Boarding on Paajarvi in our last game against the Avs what went uncalled? Or the interference on Smith that led to him getting kicked in the face, breaking a bone. Or this sucker punch on an unsuspecting Formenton that put him on IR for 2 weeks with a concussion? Game after game after game, I'm seeing our players go down with injuries on illegal plays that are uncalled, and we constantly get slammed on clean hits. Our list injured players can't even fit in a tweet. I'm pretty sure we have 10+ injured players in our organization right now. It's just sickening.
Chabot was fine. He knew the hit was coming nearly a full second before contact with the boards was made. He braced himself well. I don't like what Carrier did but let's please not act like he clearly but Chabot's health at risk on that individual play.

In any event, you were quick to jump to Borowiecki's defense when he took Cody Eakin out of the game. I don't see you bemoaning the inherent risk to Cody Eakin's health, especially given he's the only player in tonight's game that actually got injured. You were quick to say Boro didn't deserve ANY penalty for that play even though he clearly put a player's health at risk, and now that I've brought up the inconsistency you're trying to deflect away from the point with this strawman argument.

Where's the righteous rage for Eakin's injury, Swift? Come on, if you're gonna stand on the soapbox about the players who are injured on your team, in the name of the dangerous state of the NHL at large, let's see a little outrage equality.

Reactions: hangman005

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Chabot was fine. He knew the hit was coming nearly a full second before contact with the boards was made. He braced himself well. I don't like what Carrier did but let's please not act like he clearly but Chabot's health at risk on that individual play.

In any event, you were quick to jump to Borowiecki's defense when he took Cody Eakin out of the game. I don't see you bemoaning the inherent risk to Cody Eakin's health, especially given he's the only player in tonight's game that actually got injured. You were quick to say Boro didn't deserve ANY penalty for that play even though he clearly put a player's health at risk, and now that I've brought up the inconsistency you're trying to deflect away from the point with this strawman argument.

Where's the righteous rage for Eakin's injury, Swift? Come on, if you're gonna stand on the soapbox about the players who are injured on your team, in the name of the dangerous state of the NHL at large, let's see a little outrage equality.

Because it was a clean hit, within the rules, that had an unfortunate outcome. The video makes it incredibly clear. It's not difficult to understand.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Because it was a clean hit, within the rules, that had an unfortunate outcome. The video makes it incredibly clear. It's not difficult to understand.
Ah okay.

Carrier's hit was clean too. I can just say so and that makes it true.

But past that point, you're still completely dodging the fact that Eakin was injured on the play. You stand on this soapbox weeping tears of justice for players who get injured, but when one of your boys injures a player you minimize it immediately to "it was clean" with no further inspection or empathy for the injured player.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Borowiecki may or may not be the Senators future captain, but after watching him destroy Cody Eakin and then immediately beat up Jon Merril, he is my captain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad