GDT: HF Boards GDT: 10/23/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He changed the angle of his skate. Which the NHL has practically always allowed.
Except for the part where he kicked it in. He moved his leg, lifted it off the ice and changed the angle so that the inside of his skate could knock the puck into the net. That is exactly how you kick a puck with skates on. He doesn’t need to punt it like kicker in football for it to be a kicking motion.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I didn't say you did.

And...yes. That's sort of how it's always been, at least in my recollection. I've never actually seen a goal called back after a stopped player merely angles his skate - there's almost always a little bit of force put behind it as well / a slight leg movement to direct it towards the goal along with the re-angling, which instantly makes it a kicking motion. But I'm quite certain goals that involve a player skating and redirecting the angle of his skate without really deliberately changing up the speed / motion of his leg in the process have been allowed. It might be a bit of a grey area, but generally speaking I think what's a kick and what's not is fairly clear most of the time. To me at least what Hornqvist did was allowable.

And that's fine, I just think it's a grey area and could go either way. Which bothers me.

Oilers starting to light these fools up tho, glad we didn't get the Murray that played the Leafs

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Haha, I was actually right on a prediction tonight.

Bow before your new NHL analyst.

Let me guess, you predicted McDavid would get a point?

180521_1_6b88611992_oh_please.jpg

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Except for the part where he kicked it in. He moved his leg, lifted it off the ice and changed the angle so that the inside of his skate could knock the puck into the net. That is exactly how you kick a puck with skates on. He doesn’t need to punt it like kicker in football for it to be a kicking motion.

Do you have a replay of him moving his leg (outside the pattern of his skating motion and his other leg) and lifting it (outside the normal skating stride) ? If that occurred I'll concede. But that's certainly not what I saw at all.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
woohhhhh that is a big change with pete never would have thought he would make that adjustment gotta watch the sharks if they are playing a high tempo system this season
Yea. They started sometime around December/January last season iirc. A bunch of people on the forum noticed it and eventually the coaching staff mentioned it later on in the season. It's not exactly high tempo, it's still a slower cycle based game, but the D men pinch a lot more and both are usually within the opponents blue line instead of having one sit back a little between the red and blue line and they seem to have the green light to join the rush and try to get odd man rushes

Avs44

May 16, 2011
My God Talbot don't put out rebounds like that, and step up and make a save for your team when they need it. 5 goals on 23 shots?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Damn, why can't we have these referees in every game?
4 power plays in the 3rd period alone.
We can't even draw a penalty when Hyman needs stitches over his eye after a high stick.

This game has been great to watch.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Talbot with a brutal night. Under .800 save percentage. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad