GDT: HF Boards GDT | 03/14/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Calm down, I was just pointing out that ALL the teams the Avs are chasing hold the tie-breaker, not just the Flames. ;)

Not saying Tampa is winning the cup, but they're a good team, and you can't write off the Jets so easily is all.

Honestly I'd be shocked if any team in the East even makes it to 6 games against whoever makes it out of the West.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If the Jets play .500 hockey the rest of the way, they're at 93pts.

The Avs would have to go 9-3-1 to get the spot ahead of them.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011

Yeah Avs need to somehow get to 95 points to make it. It's what Roy has been preaching for the past month. It's gonna be tough. Avs have an okay schedule but the hole that was dug the first two months of the season will most likely prove too big to climb out of.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Indeed. Right now Avs fans are gunning for 11-2-0 or 11-1-1 for the rest of the year. We're very much aware that it's very unlikely.

It's okay, we know you want them to go 0-13-0..shh, it's okay.

Yeah Avs need to somehow get to 95 points to make it. It's what Roy has been preaching for the past month. It's gonna be tough. Avs have an okay schedule but the hole that was dug the first two months of the season will most likely prove too big to climb out of.

95 probably isn't going to cut it. 96 minimum and probably 97. I believe they need 11 wins in their last 13.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Still... props to the Avs for not packing it in and giving it a run! Even if they come up short, they are playing the role of spoiler which is fun too!

Indeed. Right now Avs fans are gunning for 11-2-0 or 11-1-1 for the rest of the year. We're very much aware that it's very unlikely.

It's okay, we know you want them to go 0-13-0..shh, it's okay.

95 probably isn't going to cut it. 96 minimum and probably 97. I believe they need 11 wins in their last 13.
Honestly? I was rooting for you guys tonight over the Flames! The Avs aren't much of a concern to the Wild standings-wise at this point. ;)

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Still... props to the Avs for not packing it in and giving it a run! Even if they come up short, they are playing the role of spoiler which is fun too!

I'm sure the teams like Minnesota would like to see the Avs win all of their games against SJ, LA, Calgary, Winnipeg but bung it up against Anaheim, Nashville etc at the end to fall just short ;)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm sure the teams like Minnesota would like to see the Avs win all of their games against SJ, LA, Calgary, Winnipeg but bung it up against Anaheim, Nashville etc at the end to fall just short ;)
Looking at your remaining shcedule... feel free to beat Calgary, Vancouver, LA, Winnipeg, Chicago... the rest go ahead and lose... :laugh:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Looking at your remaining shcedule... feel free to beat Calgary, Vancouver, LA, Winnipeg, Chicago... the rest go ahead and lose... :laugh:

How about...we'll drop the two against Anaheim, but win the other 11?

Honestly? I was rooting for you guys tonight over the Flames! The Avs aren't much of a concern to the Wild standings-wise at this point. ;)

Neither are Calgary where they sit. It's not like standings is the only reason a Minnesota fan would wish losses on the Avalanche

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How about...we'll drop the two against Anaheim, but win the other 11?

Neither are Calgary where they sit. It's not like standings is the only reason a Minnesota fan would wish losses on the Avalanche
Calgary COULD become a concern though, as LA could easily pass them and suddenly it's the Flames in the Wild Card spot. Same with Vancouver.

Though as long as the Wild keep doing what they've been doing, it's Chicago in the Wild's sites to track down in the Standings next. ;)

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Calgary COULD become a concern though, as LA could easily pass them and suddenly it's the Flames in the Wild Card spot. Same with Vancouver.

Though as long as the Wild keep doing what they've been doing, it's Chicago in the Wild's sites to track down in the Standings next. ;)

But with Colorado beating them that only puts them closer to falling into the Wildcard spot :thumbu:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But with Colorado beating them that only puts them closer to falling into the Wildcard spot :thumbu:
Hey, as long as they are limited in points, they can't pass us up, which is more important. Both LA and the Flames lost, so for the Wild that was win-win, especially since the Wild got their own win in St.Louis tonight. :thumbu:

Think about it... if LA won, and the Flames won... LA would be 2pts plus the tie-breaker away from passing the Flames, and the Flames would only be a tie-breaker away from passing us, to put us on the edge of the playoffs altogether. Both losing and us winning was the best possible outcome. ;)

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey, as long as they are limited in points, they can't pass us up, which is more important. Both LA and the Flames lost, so for the Wild that was win-win, especially since the Wild got their own win in St.Louis tonight. :thumbu:

Yeah Minnesota is pretty much golden at this point. It took about a week for them to go from the team we needed to catch to a team we don't even need to think about. We can help each other now!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah Minnesota is pretty much golden at this point. It took about a week for them to go from the team we needed to catch to a team we don't even need to think about. We can help each other now!
The Wild and the Avs helping each other out? Who'da thunk it?!?! :laugh:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Avs looked good tonight, always like the avs forwards, d is questionable but when varlomovs on it doesnt matter.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
A lot of teams thank Nashville for tonight

As a Hawks fan, I'm conflicted. If I could take a deal were the Kings were out of the playoffs and the Hawks are the 3 seed and play Nash/Stl, I'm ok with it. However, I'm pretty sure the Kings are going to get in, and in that case, I'd rather see the Hawks get up to 1 or 2.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Price made it pretty clear last night who the Vezina leader is..

i'm sure it's his, but last night Dubnyk's performance was probably better. I don't think the Canadiens could have played worse than the Wild the first two periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad